Chapter Three

Dearest gentle readers. This author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news It seems the purported diamond of 1813 requires a closer inspection. As such, an even rarer jewel, of only the most remarkable brilliance, fire and luster, has been unearthed. Her name is Miss Elizabeth Priestley.

For were you at Lady Danbury's ball you would have seen Miss Priestley has caught the attentions of the Viscount Bridgerton who was seen dancing with only one eligible young women, Miss Priestley. This behaviour can only be termed as 'startling' as Bridgerton normally avoids proper young misses with a perseverance that would be impressive if were not utterly frustrating for marriage minded Mamas.

Can it be that the Viscount is looking for his Viscountess? Fear not gentle readers for this writer will soon find out.

But one thing this writer can say for sure, Men are sheep. where one goes, the rest will soon follow.

LADY WHISTLEDOWN'S SOCIETY PAPERS,

27 APRIL 1813

"What's this?" Simon questioned walking into the Danbury's drawing room the next day. "You caught the attentions of Anthony Bridgerton?" He throws a copy of Lady Whistledown beside Elizabeth's seat.

Elizabeth shuffled on in her seat and raised her eyebrow at Simon then back to her Aunt who was absentmindedly reading her book. She had grown tired after a full morning of callers, non of which were of any interest to her. Feeling more like a display in a museum than a girl and the abundance of flowers were beginning to give the girl a headache. She kicked her dress out and smoothed her creases with a smirk. "And your point being?"

After such a drab morning she decided to have some fun before explaining to Simon that she thought Anthony Bridgerton was the rudest rake she had ever met!

"My Point being is that he is one of my eldest friends from university-"

"Should that not make us an even better match? I mean if he is good enough to be your friend then surely he's good enough to be my husband" She interrupted smiling up at the Duke innocently.

"A GOOD MATCH?! Lizzie the man's a rake!" He exclaimed pacing the length of the drawing room.

"Well, I have it on good authority from Lady Meade at Lydia's engagement party that reformed rakes make the best husbands!" Elizabeth picked her teacup up to her face in order to conceal her ever-growing amusement.

Lady Danbury knowing full well that her niece was teasing The Duke placed her book on the small table beside her before facing her niece. "Lizzie, my dear this is highly entertaining but if you carry on I am sure that the Duke will burn a hole in my drawing room with his insistent pacing"

Simon upon hearing this stopped his pacing and turned to Lady Danbury awaiting more explanation. "She is teasing you Simon; which you took the bait so quickly! She has no wishes to Marry the eldest Bridgerton boy I can assure you. She could not stop complaining about him for a good few hours last night that I had to result in kicking her from my quarters for some peace and quiet."

"I thought you enjoyed our nightly chats Aunt" Elizabeth pursed her lips.

"I did my dear, I do. But after the first hour, I was ready to hang you by your toes from the landing! There is only so much talk just before bed a lady of my age can take."

"You are wicked Elizabeth Priestly and will get you back for this" Simon vowed before sitting next to her and stealing her tea.