07| I'm your New House Mate

ARABELLA's POV

ARABELLA's POV

We drove straight to the airport after leaving the station and bidding my goodbyes to Emmy.

Following the required protocol, we proceeded to the private section and headed to the private jet with the words 'The King's' written on it.

My eyes widened in shock as it was this moment that I truly became aware of my father's wealth

I kept staring at the plane in disbelief, as the fingers that snapped in front of my face jolted me out of my stunned trance.

I followed the source of the hand as I looked at Elijah, who appeared to be having a very hard time controlling his laughter, while my father amusedly looked at me from beside Elijah.

This got me embarrassed as I quickly turned my face to look away, which only elicited some more amused chuckles.

"There's no need to be shy, princess, it is as much yours as it is ours. Let's get you home now." Dad said, with a soft voice laced with affection.

I only gave him a blank stare, which caused his smile to fade slightly.

"I am not shy." I muttered out defensively, starting to feel a little wind up for no apparent reason.

I didn't get any response from the two people beside me in words, instead, my father extended his hand towards the plane, motioning for me to walk towards it.

As my feet began to walk towards the plane, Elijah matched my pace to walk beside me, and our father followed us.

I'd never been on a plane or even out of town, let alone out of state.

Everything is going to change, a new beginning in a different state, with people I never knew about— I think my shock was pretty justified.

My eyes gaped in awe as I entered the plane, glancing around to take in the interior.

It was absolutely stunning.

I followed Elijah, who motioned for me to take a seat on the couch in the plane's lounge area, as he took the seat directly in front of mine.

Father took a seat beside me before asking me if I was comfortable enough to which I, of course, responded with a stiff nod.

After we had all settled in, the pilots came in to introduce themselves, presumably to me and I awkwardly sat there waiting for them to finish, once they had finished, they returned to their cabin to take off.

After a few failed attempts, I managed to buckle my seat belt, completely discarding the help my father and brother were offering.

I mean how hard can it be to buckle a stupid belt–

And considering the fact that this was my first flight, my nervousness was at an all-time high.

And as the plane began to move, I unconsciously grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be my father's hand, who didn't mind me clutching onto it.