Chapter 15

Weekend. What does it mean? Well, usually it would mean to me alone time. Rest. No Brian in sight. Well, that was before they kicked him out of school. Now every day of the week was Brian-free, I was a fan of this new normal.

Since Andrew realized my averse attitude towards asking for money he decided to give me a monthly allowance, he also informed me that it's just for small purchases and if I need something I can always ask Jacquline. At the same time the amount of money I'm getting is sufficient to buy more than just small purchases.

I realize that a small purchase to Andrew must mean something completely different than what it means to me.

I never had an allowance, mom just gave me money, from time to time depending on what her mood was and it never has been as much as I received now. Honestly, I had no idea how to spend money on myself.

My plan for Saturday was to laze around, preferably in my extremely comfy bed. I planned to get up soon, go to the kitchen to prepare for myself a delicious Moroccan mint tea that Jacquline introduced me to. It was my small addiction to enjoy the taste while reading the book.

Well, my plans went to shit.

"Hey stranger, get up"

Since I called Max a stranger in the car he keeps calling me that it's a nickname of sorts.

He didn't even bother to knock before entering my room as soon as I realized that I got irritated.

"How are you still sleeping at this hour? Get dressed"

"What do you mean get dressed? It's 8 am. Weekend"

"Exactly" Max pointed out "I allowed for enough sleep, get moving chop, chop" he clapped his hands twice, loudly. Ugh, what did I do to deserve it?

"But why? Where do you want me to go? And most importantly - no. Leave"

Max was a brutal human being he ripped the sheets off me. It was cold.

"Hey!" I yelled shocked by the audacity.

"Move your ass princess, now," he said in a stern, unfriendly voice.

Oh, that's just great. Now I pissed him off.

"Are you being forced to spend time with me or something?"

"Maybe. Move. Get dressed. We're leaving" he repeated.

"No. I won't" I looked at him stubbornly but didn't make a move. He will just go away, right?

Wrong.

"I guess I have to call father then"

I jumped out of bed to snatch a phone from his hand "Don't do that"

"Don't provoke me then" he responded simply.

When we entered the kitchen Dan was sitting on a kitchen counter, he looked like a shadow of a person nursing black coffee in a half-asleep state.

"Look, he's sleeping like a normal people at this hour on weekends" I pointed at Dan as if trying to make my point more valid than it already was.

"He only looks like that because he spent the whole night partying" Max explained.

"Can you be quiet?" Dan asked irritated rubbing his head in a sign he was in pain.

Max completely ignored his twin.

"You have 10 minutes to eat breakfast I will be waiting in the garage and better don't be late"

Truly I wouldn't bother with making breakfast but I felt Dan's gaze on my back. It's the brother I interacted with the least so I didn't know what to expect. I was also slightly afraid of him after what he did to Brian I mean.

I was glad Dan is too busy suffering through his hangover to be bothered with starting a conversation. I quickly consumed the sandwich and escaped from the kitchen not wanting to make Max wait. He already disliked me so let's not push it.
________________
Apparently, Max even right after the competition he still has the motivation to skate. I wish I had a passion like that. I was a little jealous.

"Shit. You don't own ice skates, right?"

Did he figure it out just now? Maybe it was an unnatural state of being for him to not have an item that was a huge part of his life but still, was it that surprising?

"I have never ice skated before"

"Never?" He looked at me in disbelief. "Alright, we're going to fix it now," he said with determination in his voice.

Max rented figure skates for me and he even helped to tie them up properly, when he was checking if everything is alright he muttered something that Andrew would kill him if I sprained an ankle on his watch.

The ice rink was empty. I looked at my brother questioningly.

"I don't like people bothering me with requests for autographs. I rented the place for the next three hours"

Once again I was reminded of what my family could afford.

Soon, I ended up on the ice. Trembling.

"What are you doing?"

Max asked, unimpressed at my desperate attempt to hold onto the barrier. I couldn't be upset by his judgmental look, I was too busy trying not to fall. The ice was... slippery.

"I don't know how to skate," I said desperately not carrying about maintaining pride.

"No, you don't say," Max said, sarcasm dripping off his voice as he was watching my trembling. On his face, I started noticing a trace of growing amusement.

"I don't think it's for me, I don't like skating," I said quickly and Max sighted but with swift and graceful moves he appeared right in front of me.

"Alright, move away from the barrier. Skate towards me" instructions sounded simple but it was easier said than done. How do I un-glue myself from the only source of safety?

Instead of letting t go, I grabbed tighter to my one and only support system as my mean brother was standing in the middle of the ice rink, rolling his eyes at me. Cocky bastard.

"Just take a step and stop. Try to maintain balance. I won't let you fall okay?"

I nodded still unsure if I can trust him. 

Several minutes Max sacrificed for teaching me how to move, telling me the basic safety rules, and helping me out when I lost balance or was about to fall. After he explained the basics of falling on ice safely I tried to skate on my own. I also allowed myself to fall in a controlled way. It didn't hurt that much and I was slowly getting used to the weird feeling of having skates on and sliding through the ice. In a meantime, my brother started working on his choreography.

To be honest, watching him train was far more interesting than my pitiful attempts to move without falling on my face. Max was dancing. It looked breathtaking in person. After witnessing up-close several of his jumps I realized the enormous muscle power it requires to land seamlessly. His movements were flawless and I did not doubt that I am watching an art.

However, after an hour on the ice, I had enough. I had no condition because I was never a fan of physical activity, on the other hand, Max didn't even break a sweat.

"Don't look so sour be glad you're starting with me and Dan isn't here to tease you"

"Be glad Dan isn't here? Now, what sort of attitude is this?" Dan asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Readers,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Someone requested Dan and Ellie moment so we will get that in chapter 16.

Thank you so much for all the comments when you tell me your opinions on the story it inspires me on what to write in other chapters and for all the likes, of course, they motivate me to keep writing. ❤️