Chapter 7

"What is it you would like to know, mistress?"

I glanced down at my list and looked at the first question. "Can I add in visible area names that adventures can see?" This was a crucial question since it dedicated if I could do my story-based domain or not.

His skeletal face remained impassive as he thought it over. "Yes, it should be doable since you are not adversely affecting the system. If it's just a simple visual, then yes." I nodded my head and quickly put a check by the question.

"What do you mean by adversely affect the system?" I asked as I began to write in a new section under the questions.

"Well, as a domain god, you have unparalleled control over what happens in here. You can change almost anything you please, as long as it doesn't affect the system's foundation. A good example would be stripping the class system away from people who visit or removing their ability to interact with it." His teeth clacked together as he explained it to me, causing the annoying sound to assault my ears.

I quickly penned that in. That was good to know. As long as I don't attempt to change the system directly, I could do it. But, "How would I do that exactly?"

"You can directly access that function through the map that is given to you." The large skeleton walked to the steps, and heavily sat down next to me, and watched the other undead as they worked. I opened up the menu and accessed the map, and tried to interact with it. I found that I could zoom in and interact with areas and rename them, and set them to be publicly visible for a few moments. After that, I could take it further and change the graphics around, which would be nice. There was so much potential there. I scribbled that into my notebook and went to the next question.

"So, my next question is how do I create bosses, what is their function, and what other kinds of bosses exist?" Depending on the answer, I could do a lot with my idea. In fact, the thought made me salivate a little.

The skeleton made a sound akin to a thoughtful hum, though it sounded like bones being rattled. "Well, a boss's primary duty is to guard strategic areas or places where the domain shifts. However, they don't exactly have to fulfill that role. So it mostly comes down to expectations that adventures would have and if you want to stay in line with them. But you also have to realize that as a domain god, you have more freedom than a regular dungeon core would, so the choice is really yours."

I quickly shifted my pen to the free space under my notes as I listened along. "There are many variations of what bosses are and do. Some have restrictions on them that not even domain gods can lift, while others you can do with as you see fit." I forced my writing hand to follow along as he spoke since I didn't want to interrupt him. "The first variant is, as you know, a basic boss. They are mighty and usually guard specific areas, or if you feel like it, you can have them roam or join mobs. The next is the optional boss. These can be even more powerful than a basic boss and are often marked with a skull next to the public name denoting them. Most adventures avoid fighting them since they are widely considered to be stronger than most creatures in the domain."

He thankfully paused for a moment to let me catch up. My wrist ached from how quickly I was trying to write, and my words looked a little sloppy, nothing a one over couldn't fix. Once I caught up, I turned my attention back to him. "After that, as you level, you begin to unlock more unique variants as well. There are currently zone bosses, mini-bosses, raid bosses, flag bosses, and a single world boss. However, if you manage to create a unique form of a boss, the system will reward you." I let out a low whistle as I penned that in. There was a lot to work with, and it made this all the more enjoyable. I glanced up from the notebook and decided to drop the boss types talk for now and get back on track. There was too much to ask for right now and other more pressing questions that needed answers. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

"Thank you, Kharon. Now how do I create them? Are there limits to it?" I flicked my pen around to give my fingers a small break from the fervent writing.

"Activate your domain screen, and select a mob you wish to alter. Currently, you are capped at three bosses and one optional for your size and level. Of course, as you grow, you can eventually add even more than that. The bright side is that there is no upper limit to the power they or the mobs can achieve." As he told me, I pulled up my domain screen and looked at one of the zombies, and a green outline surrounded it. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of the menus that opened up for me.

I could push essence into the target mob or immediately upgrade it to a boss with this screen. I also had the option to alter the drop chance for items. I selected the boss option, and a brand new screen appeared that would allow me to use my hands to alter the boss's appearance. That was actually glorious; this would make my job so much easier.

"Oh, thank you. That's really handy. This actually leads me to the next question. How do I create new mob templates?" I dismissed the screens and flipped open my notebook again, ready to write down what he was going to say.