Chapter 12

Sidharth's phone has been ringing continuously. A dead body dropped outside the gate of CBI headquarters is a big thing. News channels are making stories out of this where police and ACP is shown incompetent.

Sidharth is called in by the Commissioner and as soon as he enters, he starts screaming,"I never expected this from you Sidharth. How could you.."
The Commissioner who was standing at the window turns to see Sidharth and stops saying anything further.
He comes to the table and says,"How are you?"
Sidharth looks at his hand and says,"I am fine, Sir."

"Sit."
The Commissioner sits down and says,"I heard, you were kidnapped. Who were they? They have treated you badly, I can see."
Sidharth smiles and hands over a file to him, "I am their enemy so expecting a royal treatment is out of question Sir. I am alive, that's what is surprising. Anyways, the file has my report on the case."
"Hmm.. I had called you to discuss that with you. But before that, tell me what are they showing about that child? Who is she?"
"Sir, Ruhani, is the daughter of Reshma, a victim in this case. She had seen the guy who had picked up her mother. So I took her with me."
"Fine. But why is she still at your house? You have already found the person. Why haven't you handed her over to social services?"

Sidharth takes a moment and then says,"Sir, she is very young. I thought.."
"Sidharth, you saw what rubbish they are talking about you. I don't want unnecessary media attention. Send her away soon. And what is with the dead body?"
Sidharth replies,"It's of an eunuch, Meena. This is all her work."
"Whose?"
Sidharth looks at him,"Kaveri Bai."

The Commissioner stays silent for sometime and then says,"I really don't believe that you can say such things."
Sidharth looks confused,"What do you mean Sir?"
"I have heard this story of an transgender running the underworld. But the fact is there is no Kaveri Bai. This is a big lie. I never thought, you out of everyone will put her name in the case as you have failed to find the real people behind these murders."

Sidharth says,"Sidharth Srivastava will prefer to die than put blame on someone who is not a culprit only because he has failed to find the truth. Never Sir."
He pauses and then says,"You know that she is not a lie. Most of our politicians, police officers and government employees work for her. They know her, many have seen her, but she doesn't exist on paper."
"Because there is no such person."
"She is as real as you and me. I have seen her. She had ordered the kidnapping. I met her when I was held captive. "

The Commissioner stays silent as he continues,"Everything, the murders, the organ trafficking are all her doing. She wanted me dead but couldn't kill me so she put out this news that Ruhani is my daughter. They want to tranish my image. And now she has killed Meena. These are all threats."
"Hmm.. Honestly Sidharth I had my doubts but I had never seen her so.."
"I just need to join the dots and then I can capture her. I just need a little time and some help."

The Commissioner gives out a deep breath,"I have trust in you but I really don't know what to do. I am getting pressure from the Home Minister's office. They want you out of this case. Ratnakar has been suspended and they want you to take his charge. "
"What? You want me to leave this case? You want me to handle traffic? "
"I don't want this. This is their proposal. You might get a promotion too."
"To hell with promotion. I am sorry Sir. But please I don't need it."
"I am trying to keep you in the CBI. I know you are an asset. But I am not sure, if you will continue this case or not."

"This case is very important. If we can get her for these murders, we can clean the underworld.Gangs can be taken down once we get her. And I know I can catch her Sir. Only I can do that. Anyone taking this case will be her puppet. He or she will use someone else as a scapegoat. I know what she is up to. Don't let her win."
The Commissioner nods his head and thinks for some time.
He then says,"I will be honest with you. I have heard about Kaveri. I know a good number of people work for her. And they want you gone. They will do everything to remove you from the case and even from this world."