thirty

(100K READS??? ILY SO MUCH GUYS <3)

it was christmas eve (just assume it is, and assume i haven't been forgetting about the dates), the day that everyone, and i mean everyone loved. there was joy, happiness, and pine tree dust in the air. they all had almost forgotten about christmas and had been so busy spending time with each other, that they hadn't set up anything. indigo was currently with george and dream, trying to pick out a tree. there weren't many left, and the only good ones were small. for some reason, the dream smp members all wanted a gigantic tree. the big ones were all in wonky shapes. some were leaning to one side, others had holes in the middle so you could only see the branches...

"why don't we just get a fucking fake tree?" indigo grumbled, her mouth muffled under her pink scarf. 

"we could, but its better to get a real tree. plus sapnap wants a real tree." dream said as he looked around at the different trees.

"look at this lighter green one." george pointed to a tree. indigo smiled, stifling a laugh, as did dream. 

"that's- that's a dark green tree george!" dream wheezed, topping over from how hard he was laughing. george stood there, glaring at his friend and sister as they laughed. 

they soon picked out a green tree, it was in the shape of a lopsided triangle, but it would work. dream and one of the workers sawed the tree down and lifted it to a pickup truck that would take it to their airbnb. at this time niki and jack were out to get ornaments for the tree in a nearby christmas store. they were lucky that a nice, kind old woman gave them her christmas ornaments, saying that she had more. 

as they came home, phil, mumza, and wilbur were making eggnog and preparing for christmas dinner. the atmosphere was warm and comfortable, as soft music played in the background. the room was dark, but lit by peppermint scented candles which karl had brought from north carolina. tubbo, ranboo, and tommy were cleaning the house, making it semi clean, shoving things into their suitcases and closets for the objects they didn't know where to put. quackity and technoblade were at the grocery, getting some more supplies and to store food that they were running out of.

sapnap helped dream and george carry the tree inside, while indigo set things aside, making way for the grand tree. everyone came to see the sight, all of them smiling, a real smile, the one that makes you feel at home. 

---

tommy lay outside in the balcony at night, a blanket under him. he looked up at the starry, cold night alone. the wind blew in the air, making him shiver a bit and put his knees to his face. indigo opened the door leading outside and sat next to him, admiring tommy watch the stars. even though it was dark, she could see his eyes sparkle from the moonlight, bringing a smile to indigo's face. 

"what are you doing here?" indigo whispered, as it was almost midnight and she didn't see him when she came into the room. 

"star-gazing, obviously." he whispered back, looking at indigo as she tilted her head up, seeing the different constellations. 

"they're so beautiful..." she said.

"yeah, they are." indigo looked at him and blushed, he was staring at her. (a/n: CRINGE FHUSDIFDS bArF)

"i- uh- i-indigo?" tommy stammered, trying to gain his confidence. 

"yeah?"

"i need to tell you something." indigo moved herself so she could see him clearly without hurting her neck.

"what is it?"

"uh- i like you..." her eyes widened as tommy grew red and frowned. 

"wait- no, uh"

"i like you too, tommy." she cuts him off, smiling at the flustered kid.

"no, that's not what i mean. i-i like like you." tommy looked down at his lap. time to prepare for rejection, tommy. he thought. 

"i-i do too." tommy snapped his head up. 

"you do?"

"yeah, i do." indigo blushes. she nudges him after a bit of silence, slightly toppling him. 

"i'll see you later, merry christmas." 

"wait it's already christmas?"

"yup, good night, tommy." indigo kisses his cheek quickly before she slips inside, leaving tommy to grin like an idiot outside.

_____________________

my wifi sucked this whole week, so that's why i had a late update... though i will update more!

i think there is only gonna be a couple more chapters ahead, but don't worry, it will be fun :))

ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEA-
wait, wrong time of the year... i miss christmas 😭🤧