Chapter 4

"Will you allow me to attend to your wounds?"

Jungkook looked up in surprise, not believing the words that had just come out of the prince's mouth. He must have been dreaming.
"Huh?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, presumably not too pleased with his reaction. "You told me you got injured on your journey here, and your highly pained face expressions every time you move your body tell me you ought to get these injuries treated." The brunette proceeded to goggle at him in surprise.

"Y-Yeah, but... Why would you treat my injuries? You're the prince and I bet you have thousands of nurses and doctors here!" The blue-haired male blinked. "That is true, we do have our fair amount of able medical professionals in the palace. However, you still seem not to have noticed that we must not risk anyone knowing you come from the common grounds and I am certain that your injuries would raise suspicion." The prince paused for a brief moment.

"I also happen to be very fascinated by the fine arts of medicine. It is astonishing to see wounds mend themselves by nothing but simple herbs and oils and I pay my deepest respects to physicians who have endless amounts of knowledge on them and can nurse men and women back to health in a short amount of time." For a moment, Taehyung almost smiled.

"I have read my fair share of medical books and have gained a significant amount of knowledge through them. However, I did not get the chance to treat any injuries by myself as I am a royal heir and medicine shall not be part of my expertise." Jungkook frowned.
"That's ridiculous, you should be able to do what you're interested in." This time, Taehyung actually smiled, but it wasn't a happy smile.

"You do not understand royalty, Jungkook. There are things that you are simply born to do." Yeah, I don't, the younger thought inside his head but did not dare say it out loud.

"Well, you can treat them. As long as you don't accidentally amputate me." Taehyung shot him an annoyed glare. "How very amusing. I will try my best. Even if my first patient just so happens to be a commoner."

His eyes trailed down the brunette's uniform-clad body. "Would you mind unbuttoning this? You barely move your arms, clearly you must be in pain. As this is an emergency, I will exceptionally allow you to sit on my bed. Let us start there."

Deciding not to tell the other that the main reason he refrained himself from moving around too much was the fact that he didn't want the precious fabric to rip, Jungkook sat himself on the gorgeous canopy bed as soft as clouds and awkwardly fiddled around with the tiny buttons as he felt himself slightly panic at the demand.
"You take too long, I will do it myself." Taehyung suddenly decided to lean over and unbutton the uniform himself which left Jungkook in an alarming state of panic.

He felt the heat rush into his face as he watched the older's slender fingers skillfully loosen the buttons from their loops, even more so as he saw his concentrated expression and his eyes mainly focused on his chest. He wasn't exactly complaining, but he wasn't exactly not complaining either. He also couldn't help but think a bit... dirty-minded. Just a bit.

"Oh, goodness gracious...," the blue-haired male whispered and sucked in a breath as he saw the little scratches all over his bare chest. Jungkook himself had to admit they were a bit unpleasant to look at. He hadn't even noticed most of them before. But before he could think any further, he felt something get sprinkled over his injuries which made him inhale sharply as he felt a ticklish sensation take over.

"This is yarrow powder, it is excellent for healing bleeding, even small bleeding. I advise you to avoid covering up your chest for the night as the effects would not be as far-reaching. I believe these cuts will heal completely in only few days, now, let us take a look at your back," the crown prince explained calmly as the brunette changed his position and turned around silently. Jungkook had to say, he felt like he was getting treated by a doctor. A very beautiful doctor. Taehyung surely knew what he was doing, even without any first-hand experience. In that moment, he felt a little fond of him.