32

We both walk in and just as I had suspected, Sebastian was sitting at the end of the table besides what seemed like his own assistant, a vacant space next to him which Zane takes up.

But with the little choice I had to pick a seat of my own, I take the seat besides Zane, my body tensing at the idea of being so close to Sebastian. His eyes avoided mine as much as mine avoided his.

I fix my posture, sitting up straight against the chair as I adjust my skirt. This was bound to happen at some point, I mean, he ran the business after all. I couldn't actually expect to never see him again, could I?

'We're waiting for one more person and then we'll start.' Zane announces, looking down at his watch as the hands tick away.

The four of us sit back and wait for whoever this last person was, though it seemed like minutes were just flying by and there was still no sign of them.

'Who are we waiting for?' I whisper towards Zane. His head turns to me, just about to answer but the chance being taken as the door swings open, the answer standing in front of us all.

I almost gasp out loud, expecting anyone but him to be standing by the door way. Zane notices my change in expression, 'Are you okay?' he checks as he looks up to me.

'I'm fine.' I smile awkwardly as I look back to the person at the door... Emilio, but he doesn't seem to notice me in the room. I look behind him, two other people of his own standing close behind him, perhaps colleagues of his.

I eventually realise where his eyes were occupied, his gaze fixed in one direction only... Sebastian's. My body flinches in realisation, reminded of how I had forgotten to mention seeing Sebastian on my first day here...

I had honestly hoped that that would be the last time Sebastian would come into my life... And it was going just the way I had wanted up until now. And as stupid as this sounds, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of Emilio running into him.

I could feel the heat of rage radiating from him. Sebastian keeps the eye contact, but his eyes weren't half as harsh as Emilio's.

My foot hits the edge of the table in attempt to divert Emilio's attention back to the room, his eyes reluctantly following the noise. Raising his brows in shock, his lips slowly lift into a smirk as his eyes meet with mine.

He walks over, taking the last remaining seat, which was unfortunately not so close to me, as the two colleagues of his do the same.

'So let's get started.' Zane steps out of his seat in confidence, moving to the centre of the room as all eyes fall on him.

'So this is my business partner, Sebastian. I may have forgotten to mention he would be joining us today.' Zane introduces the already familiar man to Emilio, his fists curling into his palm.

'We've already met.' Emilio bluntly states, also taking me by surprise as I nervously watch him.

'Oh, really? How-' Zane proceeds to question but I knew which direction this was going on.

'You don't have much time, Mr Forbes.' I interrupt, speaking before Emilio got a chance.

'Oh, right...' He takes a look at his watch before continuing. 'So I'm aware that this meeting was set up last minute, but after coming across your company, I think this could be beneficial for the both of us-' He begins explaining to the room, his main focus on Emilio.

I observe as Emilio listens to Zane's every word, occasional glares sent to Sebastian whenever it was his turn to put in his input.

Despite the worries about Sebastian, my attention was more drawn to him. Emilio was slightly slouched into his chair, his elbow held up against the arm of the seat as his thumb rested casually against his lower lip. He didn't do much apart from just sit and listen to the room, but to me it was complete seduction. I watch in awe, Emilio's eyes still not meeting mine, completely oblivious to the effect he had on me from simply sitting.