43

The door to my office swings open, an overjoyed Danielle welcoming herself in.

'Danielle?' I question, looking up from the screen of my computer.

'Hey! I was just visiting Zane so thought why not come see you before I go in.' She tells, taking a seat of her own opposite me.

'I never got a call from reception though.' I point out, confused how she managed to come up without my knowledge.

'I sneaked past. I'm so done with them.' She rolls her eyes in exhaust as she leans into the chair, getting more comfortable. 'It's so annoying to just sit around and wait.'

'Hm, I guess that's true.' I shrug in agreement as I reach my hand towards the phone. 'Let me just let Zane know you're here.'

'No!' She screams in dissent.

'Why not...?' I question as I let go of the phone.

'I want to surprise him.' She raises her brows suspiciously as a smirk plays on her lips.

'Fine, but it better not cost me my job.' I laugh, expecting her to make her way over to Zane's office in that moment but instead she waited further.

'Why don't you come with me?' She suggests, stepping out of her seat as she comes to my side of the desk.

I look up to her with hesitance. 'Why...?'

'Come on! We all had fun last time, didn't we?' She persuades but I still wasn't convinced.

'I'm not sure, Danielle.'

'Just come!' She groans, grabbing hold of my arm as she yanks me out of the comfort of my office.

'Wait, Danielle-' I protest but before I could finish, she had already opened the door to Zane's office.

'Well, hello there.' She tilts her head to an angle, as her eyes meet Zane's.

I watch at he stared in her direction, a few seconds of blank rage building in his eyes before his eyes darted to me. My body almost flinches at the sudden look... I knew I wasn't getting off this one easy.

'Didn't I tell you to ask me before letting anyone up to my office?' He stands from his seat, glaring in my direction with flames for eyes.

'Oh, come on. It's only me.' Danielle defends as she struts closer to his desk. I could still feel his heated gaze on me, consuming any composure I had left as I frantically avoid meeting his eyes.

His gaze is suddenly interrupted by the hand that falls on his shoulder... Danielle's hand. She slowly traces up to his jaw, her eyes seductively lurking across his body. My eyes reluctantly witness the scene unfold as Zane snatches his shoulder back.

My curiosity was the only thing keeping me looking. Her eyes widen in surprise as her hand slips from his face and down to his chest. She looks up to him, a seemingly disheartened look in her eyes but I couldn't exactly tell what was going on.

'What the hell, Zane?' Her face curls up in displeasure, a look of anger forming in her eyes.

'Stop that shit, Danielle.' He snaps, moving back over to take a seat at his desk. I no longer felt it was appropriate for me to stay and watch, turning away as I take hold of the door to shut behind me.

'Where do you think you're going?' He calls over from behind Danielle, my steps freezing instantly.

'Back to my office.' I state, continuing to shut the door behind me.