46

After the encounter with Zane, I was sure Emilio had something to say.

'I'm guessing you didn't mention how you came with me tonight.' Emilio looks to me with doubtful eyes... But he was right.

'So what? You left me here alone.' I shrug as I fold my arms along my chest.

'I was talking to a friend-' He tries to justify but I really didn't care. I would've been stood alone for half an hour if Zane hadn't shown up.

'I don't even know anyone here.' I retaliate, but still remaining calm.

'You looked pretty comfortable with Zane.' He comments, a challenging look in his eyes.

'Well what else did you expect me to do while you were off chatting to your little friends?' I argue back, giving him the exact same look.

'Stand there and look pretty.' His sarcasm peaks through as he steps closer, the distance between us instantly vanishing.

'I'm sure Zane would appreciate that more than you.' I roll my eyes before looking to the side and away from him.

'Don't look away from me.' His voice orders, clutching my jaw as he returns my face to his.

'I wasn't. I was just looking around the room.' I take hold of the hand that laid against my chin, pulling away from his grip.

'Take this.' I hand him the glass of champagne in my hand, barely half empty. 'You need it more than I do.' I say once more before walking over to get another drink of my own.

This time I was stood alone voluntarily, a glass of liquid to my lips as I look into the crowd. I had nothing much else to do apart from observe from a distance which is exactly what I did. Emilio was no longer in sight but right now, I couldn't care less about where he was. Instead my eyes fall onto someone else in the room... Zane.

As I prepare myself to approach him, I quickly stop myself before going any further as I notice an unfamiliar women coming to his side. The two of them exchange a smile before the women places a kiss on his cheek which he showed little reaction to. I couldn't help but feel a tingle of jealousy at the sight but didn't understand why.

I swallow the feelings and push the thoughts to the back of my mind as I continue in his direction.

'Zane.' I call out to him as his eyes immediately lock on me. A warm feeling fills my chest at the sight of his smile, a feeling I had no control over.

He steps closer, the grin still wide on his face. 'This is Milan, my assistant.' He introduces me as he reaches for my hand. I reluctantly place the tips of my fingers into his palm as he walks me closer.

'Aren't you going to introduce me?' The girl I had seen earlier speaks up.

'This is Natalia. She's an old friend of mine.' He informs as I give her a casual smile.

'It's nice to meet you.' I state as I observantly watch her.

'You too. Funny enough, I've actually heard about you.'

'Really? What have you heard?' I raise my brows as I take a look at an evidently worried Zane.

'Oh, just that you're insanely cute and he loves everything about you.' She casually speaks, both my expression and Zane's twisting in confusion.

'Damn guys, I'm was just joking! No need to be so serious.' She reveals as I exhale calmly, Zane showing little reaction to her at all, instead only rolling his eyes.

'Zane tells me about work so he's obviously mentioned you. Nothing weird, of course.' She giggles playfully as I join her with a forced smile.

'Um, so are you guys a thing or...?' I say in need of a change of topic but part of me also wanted an answer to the question.

'Us!? Ew, no.' Natalia responds with repulse as Zane moves his eyes from her and over to me. 'He's like a brother to me.'

He seems to watch me closely as she finishes her words... as if he was looking for some type of reaction.

'But why are you asking...?' Zane's interest was more focused on me rather than what Natalia had to say.

'No reason! I just saw the two of you before and I thought-' He inches closer, my explanation coming to a halt as I watch for his next move.

'Were you jealous...?' He whispers, his eyes glued to mine as he waits for a response.

'No.' I respond bluntly, not giving anything away. 'It's like you want me to be.' I scoff as I look off to the crowd.

'I wouldn't mind.' He remarks, the same tight feeling returning to the pits of my stomach as I hear his words.

'Are you serious?' Another voice booms from behind as I feel my wrist being tugged backwards.

'Emilio...' His name escapes my lips quietly as I look up to him. I could feel the rage he had within him from his grip alone. But his eyes weren't on me, but instead fixed on Zane.

'What the hell!?' Zane snaps, his eyes just as firm on Emilio.

'Stay the fuck away from her.' Emilio warns before dragging me into the opposite direction. He finally releases his grip once we reach an empty hall in the building, aggressively letting go of me.

'I swear to God. You better have a damn explanation for that shit back there!' I could feel the anger radiating off of him and straight towards me.

'What the hell!? Nothing even happened! We were just talking!' My tone raises in reaction to his but as soon as I notice his tense body I instantly feel the need to comfort him somehow.

'Baby... I promise, nothing happened.' I assure him once again as I hold onto his clenched hand.

'Why the fuck was he so close to you? Even the way he was fucking looking at you...' He loses himself in thought as his hands clench even harder.

'Emilio.' I stop him from going any further, finally catching his attention.

'What?'

'Let's just go home.' I sigh, tired of this stupid party.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )