- Dark Past -

"Alright! Be careful of crowds!" Tohru waved to the leaving Sohma men.

"Don't do anything stupid!" You called out to them, as they left the house.

"Lock the doors, Idiots!" Kyo called back, as he and Yuki soon started bickering.

"Stay safe Honda-san, (Name)." Yuki turned back waving goodbye.

"Cya, when you get back!" You waved both your hands up in the sky like some crazy dude.

"Okay! See you later!" Shigure said his final words as he disappeared along with Yuki and Kyo. You closed the door, and turned to Tohru.

"Shall we watch some TV, fair maiden?" Tohru laughed a bit and happily nodded, following you into the living room.

You turned on the TV and watched whatever was on. Laughing here and there and making sarcastic comments. Until you spoke up.

"Tohru-chan, is this your first New Year al-. . . away from family?" You glanced in her direction, as she turned her body towards you.

"Yes! This is my first New Year away from family! And without my mom." You grabbed her hand squeezing it a bit.

"You're not completely away from your family. I'm part of yout family too, arent I?" She squeezed your hand back, and gave you a smile.

"Yea! You are! How about you (Name)-chan? Is this your first New Year without your family?" You soon let go, and she followed.

"Ah no. You see in the Sohma clan. Specifically the cursed part. We have different pasts. There are some who have happy families and others who. . . dont. You could say I once used to have a happy family too!" She glanced at you and spoke up.

". . . used to?" She knew the second you start speaking everything would go from happy to dark.

"Yeah. 7 years ago an incident happened. My mom and dad were people who loved me a lot. More than any parent I know. And I did love them just as much! They loved me so much, that they wanted me to get away from the Sohma clan. And around New Years night, they packed up and left with me, hoping nobody would notice because of the banquet. . ."

". . . Seems we were wrong. Akito, the head of the family caught us and was furious for breaking the rules. He banished my parents away from the main estate. . . And had their memories of me erased. It was punishment for both my parents and I."

"I haven't exactly seen them since, I guess I was afraid they would move on without me. After that I stayed with Hiro- another member of the Sohma family. . . I guess I've never really been a huge fan of New Year. And I'm definetely not a huge fan of our head, haha. . ."

It was quiet for a bit, the both of you didn't know what to say, Tohru had a few tears welling up in her eyes. She stuck out her hands like how Kyo did for a hug.

You wrapped your arm around her waist and the other around her back, while she did the same.

"I-i guess we both miss our parents." Tohru slowly and quietly spoke.

"Tohru, its okay to cry. Let's both cry, and then when we're done lets wipe each others tears." Tears soon fell down her face along. And soon your eyes started leaking too.

The both of you were cuddled up in a corner, weeping and sobbing like you had no care in this world.

. . . That was until the door banged open, which startled both you and Tohru.

"Y-you startled me!" She frantically waved her hands, quickly letting go of you.

"W-why are you guys here?" You quickly let go of her wiping your own tears.

"Honda-san, (Name). You guys are stupid."

"For once in my life, I agree with this damn rat. The both of you are idiots!"

"E-exuse me?"

"Take that back!"