32 | Joie

"Hooty-hoo!"

               "Hooty-hoo!"

               I overheard the call at the front while I stood in the kitchen stirring the dip in the bowl. "In the kitchen!"

               Shortly, Andi was coming in wearing a comfortable tracksuit. "Good afternoon love. What you cooking?" She peaked in the bowl. "Ooh, is that your homemade guacamole?"

               "Yes hun. I been feigning for it."

               "Feigning?" Andi raised a skeptical brow. "Jaceon or Kyle ain't knock you up, did they?"

               "Girl, hell no." I shut that thought down immediately. "I play it safe; ya heard."

               "Mmhm. Lemme find out." She took a seat, "You got chips?"

               "I do. It's done. You want to eat it off the spoon?" I offered it to her and she accepted it. I turned around, grabbing the tortilla chips. "You off today?"

               "Thankfully. I'm tired and sore as hell."

               "Oop. That Hassan must be destroy the puthy." I said making Andi and me die of laughter. "No seriously. You got that big hickey on your neck."

               "Girl, I seen it this morning." She rolled her eyes friskily, dipping a chip in the guacamole dip and tossing it in her mouth. "He does that a lot and have a lot of energy."

               "Well, what you expect, he is younger than you. Practically fresh outta college young."

               "And I love it!" Andi hollered merrily.

               I chewed on the chip in my mouth. "I see honey. Now what up with you and that Jarvis? I hope you done with all of that drama."

               She was hesitant to nod and stopped looking at me. She was more focused on dipping the new chip in guacamole. "...yeah, of course."

               "You a lie!" I pointed, "You're still fucking him, Andi."

               "No, I never said that." She spoke, blocking her mouth as she chewed.

               "You didn't have to honey. Your eyes told it all." I mention as my phone rung, interrupting our conversation. I answered, placing it on speaker. "Hello, who is this?"