Lies like sugar

Dixie POV:

Noah won't talk to me. To be honest I can't blame him I understand I was being a bit impertinent but ever since he walked out of my apartment 2 days ago he hasn't said a word to me. I called him a bunch of times and went across the hall, he didn't even have to look through the peek hole to know it was me, which resulted in the door remaining closed. At work he doesn't address me unless its surgery related, I don't understand why he's mad, I mean I didn't mean to be mean you know.

Dixie is one to avoid big conflicts or confrontations in her life with small things that make her happy. She was trying to keep 2 things off her mind: Noah ghosting her and her sister's surgery. And to do so she decided to hang out with Addison and Addison's friend Mads.

Mads is a Neonatologist at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital. Dixie and Mads don't cross paths often if at all. Pediatricians and Neonatologist usually work upstairs where it's a lot calmer, it can get so hectic at the door of the hospitals. Noah was asking about Mads a while back, it seemed wrong but Dixie blew it off because she had just lost one of her only friends and shouldn't really be talking. Addison and Mads have been friends way before Dixie came out of San Francisco. Addison knows Christan Mads's Husband. I'm pretty sure Addison introduced them to each other.

Dixie walks into Zibatreats, it's a new place that just opened up across the street from Sulvia, and Addi wanted to try it. In all honesty, the place is more of a bakery than a coffee shop but they sell coffee as well. It's Addison's day off and she doesn't like eating where she works cause it feels too familiar. Dixie walks right up to the table Mads and Addison were seated at. She smiled at them and sat down. "Hey Dixie," Mads says joyfully setting the menu down to acknowledge her presence a bit more. "Hey, How are you?" Dixie isn't good with new people and she's not one to make friends but she has too much on her mind to be worried about giving up to much information. "I'm great, thanks for asking." Mads smiles and Dixie turns her attention to Addison. "Hey Dix, what's up, I feel like we haven't talked in a minute." "We haven't," Dixie says as she sits down across from the two of them. "Madison Plourde." Someone called from the countertop. Mads got up and Dixie starts spilling.

"Noah's not talking to me anymore."

Addison looked almost shocked;

almost.

She didn't know much of what happened but she knew it couldn't be good. "What happened." I don't even know anymore." "yes you do tell me."

"or better yet tell us."

Mads returns to the table with 3 coffees and 3 scones. Dixie grabbed her scone from the tray Mad's had brought over, bitting it mainly to figure out what to say.  "He basically said my excuse for everything was that I'm anti-social and that I'm the one who holding myself back, which isn't true at all he's just making shit up, right? Addison looks at the coffee cup in her hand then at Mads and finally back at Dixie. "Dix you know I love you and I will always choose you over some guy you just met but." "But what, there's no buts."  "But maybe he has a point, you don't put yourself out there that much." "Okay and?" Dixie said raising her voice, not screaming but certainly not as calm as she was. "Dixie I didn't mean it like that." "I don't care how you meant it," Dixie said grabbing her coffee and purse before walking out the door.