Summer at the Burrow

It's the first week of summer and Mother and Father are dropping me off at Ron Weasleys house to spend the first weeks of Summer with Ron, Harry and Hermione. My tummy turns with excitement and I walk hastily up the drive to Ron's magnificent house. I look up at its curvy shape and laugh. Its really something else.
"Do you have everything pumpkin?", Dad asks pinching my nose and pretending to steal it.
"Oo never-mind you seem to have forgotten your nose!", He jokes childishly as I try my best to keep a straight face.
"Stop it Dad! Not funny!", I clutch my suitcase and put my owl cage down gently as I knock on the front door of the burrow.

"Remember to write darling", Mum kisses me on my forehead as I say my goodbyes.
"Yes try not to forget about us", Dad chuckles.
I spot the trio standing behind Molly Weasley eagerly and shout "love you!", to mum and dad as I rush past Ron's parents who are chatting happily with mine. I pull the trio into a big bear hug.
"Hello to you too", Ron says blushing ever so slightly.
"Finally you're here. I've had to put up with these two for hours", Hermione rolls her eyes and tucks a piece of flyaway hair behind her ear.
"Its good to see you (Y/N)", Harry beams and Ron exchanges a look with Hermione that I cannot seem to read.
"I'm glad to be here. Mum and Dad were driving me crazy".

I look around the burrow in awe. There's an enchanted pair of needles knitting a pink scarf, a saucepan washing itself in the sink and an amazing clock on the wall with all the weasleys faces on it. Ron catches me staring and says hurriedly "I know it's not much but it's home".
I look at him and smile, "It's amazing Ron".
He grins seeming more at ease.
"It's bloody brilliant", Harry gazes at the pair of needles and goes up closer to examine them.

We spend an hour or two outside in the warm sunny weather sunbathing and catching up on everything we've missed. Harry complains about the Dursley's and Ron tells stories of Fred and George and all the pranks they've been pulling on Percy. Hermione shows us the mountain of chunky books she's brought with her and we flick through them astonished at the complex contents. She offers to lend some to Ron sarcastically which he takes seriously and politely declines, causing me and Harry to crack up.

Time flies and before we know it it's dinner time and Molly Weasley has cooked a delicious chicken dinner for us to devour.
"I'm bloody starving", Ron says greedily.
"You're always bloody starving", Harry snorts.
"Now that is true", Hermione agrees.
The food is amazing and I finish my dinner first, not leaving a single crumb of food on my place. You could barely tell there was any food there to begin with.
Molly laughs, "Did you enjoy your dinner dearie?".
"Yes I really did. But if we keep having dinners this good I'll be leaving here as big as Hagrid".
Everyone laughs at my remark and finishes off their dinner quite quickly.

Tired and no longer hungry, we crawl into our warm beds and sit in the comfort of our own silence.
We're all piled into the one room together and we say goodnight as Ron flicks off the light switch and sinks into his pillow.
Right now in this moment, I feel so at ease that it seems almost nothing can dampen my mood.

My belly's full and I'm warm and safe surrounded by all of my friends at once. Well, maybe not all of them.
"Goodnight Blaise. Goodnight Draco", I whisper as I shut my eyes and imagine them sleeping safe and sound in the Malfoy manor. I wonder if right now somehow they are lying in bed thinking of me too and whispering their goodnights back.