Welcome Back...

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer is in the infirmary, having been told the truth about everything.

"So, let me get this straight," Summer looks at me in disbelief. "You are a wizard who is more than a thousand years old."

I nod.

"And you have been fighting the Grimm and Salem all this time." 

I nod again.

"And your magic which you used to create the Maidens has come back even stronger than before, which you used to RIP OPEN A HOLE IN SPACE AND TIME to rescue me? Do I have this right?"

I take a sip of my coffee that suddenly appears out of nowhere and nods.

Summer rubs her forehead. "Well, considering everything else, you also granted Qrow and Raven the ability to turn into birds and you summoned this guy from essentially the afterlife." She point to Siegfried who nods.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, madam." Siegfried said.

"I suppose this will just add to that." She lies back down. "I think I'm getting a bit used to things like this." She pauses before turning to me, her face filled with relief and happiness. "Still, thank you for bringing me back, I don't know how much of my children's lives I have missed. But I do not wish to wait for a second longer." She finishes as she got out of bed.

"Well, then you're in luck. Yang and Ruby are both here in Beacon," I pause, taking another sip of coffee, "Well, and it is night right now. So I think you can find your way to their dorm. It's room number 307.

Next thing we see is Summer grabbing her white cloak rushes out the door.

"Well, I suppose that is to be expected." he began to head back to his office. "Oh, and Glynda, could you inform Qrow to return, tell him his mission is over and to return post-haste."

"Understood," Glynda nodded.

"Siegfried?"

"Yes, Master?"

"Your only mission should you choose to accept it, is to protect the students. I have reason to believe Salem is about to launch a huge attack soon. You may do anything you wish so long as you are there to defend the students should an attack happen."

"Understood, should I get familiar with the school?" Siegfried asked.

I wave as I continued my trip to the office without looking back, "do as you wish, so long as you fight to protect the innocent and the students in this school, I have no objections. You are a hero, Siegfried and I have complete faith in you that you will not betray me."

Siegfried gave a short bow. "I shall not betray your trust Master!" before I vanished from his sight in a prismatic rainbow flash.

Siegfried considered the mission he was given, he only had one duty, protect the students in this school, and his master expected a large attack soon from the Grimm.

First thing was to prepare for the battle and knowledge was key.

He first needed to be familiar with the layout of the school, once that was done he would find someone knowledgeable about their enemies. Since this was a school that taught the future guardians of mankind then it stands to reason that there would be a teacher who was specialized in it.

He had to find that person. On the other hand, he could just ask his Master who was most knowledgeable about Grimm.

He didn't know it. But he would soon regret seeking out the portly professor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ruby, how do you take your coffee?"

"Uhh... "

"Answer the question!" Weiss asked, irritated.

"Uhh, cream and five sugars?"

"Don't move." As Weiss was about to prepare the coffee a knock on the door.

"Who in the world is knocking at this time of the night?" Weiss muttered walking over to the door.

As Weiss opened the door partially and she saw a woman in a white cloak, her hair a dark red shade like Ruby's and she had silver eyes just like her.

"Excuse me," the woman's voice was soft. "Are Ruby and Yang here?"

Weiss gathered herself. "You must be a relative then."

The woman nodded and Weiss opened the door fully turning to ruby who was reading her textbook.

"Ruby, I believe a relative of yours is here to visit."

"Who is it?" Ruby looked up and as she saw her mother her eyes widened and her voice was stuck in her throat. Is this some kind of prank? It simply didn't seem real to her.

"I'm home, my little cookie." Summer whispered her eyes filled with love and relief.

It was her, it really was her! There's no one else who would call her that! Tears began falling from her eyes as Ruby used her semblance, unable to get out of bed fast enough and ran to Summer who caught her and engulfed her in a hug.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!" She cried as she clutched summers cape, not wanting to let go, fearing that she might disappear if she did so.

"I'm here, my little cookie, I'm home." Summer continued to comfort Ruby.

The cries of Ruby caused Yang and Blake to wake up.

Blake was confused but she watched silently deducing that perhaps this was a parent who had been on a long mission.

Yang stated Summer in disbelief.

"I'm home, my Little Sun Dragon." Summer let out a beautiful smile and Yang engulfed Summer in a hug with Ruby, who had quieted down but didn't let Summer go.

"You're alive," Yang whispered. There was only one person who called her that. Not even Taiyang did.

"Mhmm." Summer nodded. "I'm back and I'm not leaving my little sweet babies again." She said as she patted Yang's hair.

For the first time in a long long time, Yang finally let tears fall down her face.

She had been strong for so long. Strong for Ruby, trying to raise Ruby right and be the mother figure, where Raven had left even before Summer's disappearance.

Now she could finally rest.

Even Weiss could tell that her teammates were greatly affected and deigned to wait for a while.

But her patience was not that great and she could only wait for about a minute.

"Ahem." Weiss coughed after a while. "Can someone tell me what exactly is going on here?" Summer looked at her and nodded but neither Ruby nor Yang was ready to let her go yet.

Blake sent her an irritated glare for interrupting what was obviously a very important family reunion.

"What?" Weiss asked, noticing the glare Blake sent her way.

Blake lets out a sigh of exasperation, this girl really needs to learn some patience.