Holidays//30

Holiday: An extended period of leisure and recreation, especially one spent away from home or travelling.
——————————————————————

Last day of the Fall semester was filled with cheerful looking faces and voices in the building halls. Music could be heard faintly from the center of the city, giving a nice charm to the whole atmosphere outside. Snowflakes made themselves comfortable on people's heads, slowly melting away at the heat.

(Y/N) walked out of her college building together with Lauren and Andrew, taking her sweet time to observe the view in front of her;

How pretty.

The trio decided to go shopping after classes, in need to buy some last minute gifts. The stores were mostly busy, making it hard to actually find anything remotely good. (Y/N) already had the gifts for her family and Oliver ready, but she still decided to tag along, not rushing anywhere.

"Look at that! They sell antique stuff, let's go check it out!" Andrew called, making the girls follow along.

The store had a smell of cinnamon and books lingering inside. It looked antique itself, which made (Y/N) instantly fall in love with it. There weren't many people inside, so the whole store could be seen quite nicely.

How didn't I notice the store earlier?

Filled with many things, from books to ornaments and even furniture, the girl had never been more in awe with a store. The whole aesthetic of it seemed like it came out of a movie. It was wonderful.

Her eyes instantly glued themselves to the book isle, so she waddled over to the shelves in hopes to find something interesting. (Y/N) noticed the neatly stacked fairytales with covers seemingly older than her on an equally old shelf – Some of these must be really old, they are so well kept.

Skimming through the sea of books, she noticed one that brought a smile to her face. "Beauty and The Beast" used to be her favorite fairytale when she was younger.

She remembered how she'd force Oliver to play with her, promising a kiss on the cheek if he played the Beast. He would always accept, but then end up with a disgusted look on his face when he'd get the kiss. Their families thought that it was the funniest thing in the universe, (Y/N) however wouldn't appreciate those actions.

Picking up the book, she thought about buying it for Jack. He enjoyed romances, and she'd like to have someone listen to her ramble about the fairytale.

The book was a little expensive, but it was worth it. She liked that the book had its amazing smell, and it was an older version too, so she didn't mind spending her money on it. Now all that was left is for her to arrive home before Jack would and wrap the gift.

The cold air hit her face as she exited the store, but she didn't mind – It was nice.
She bid her goodbyes to Lauren and Andrew, promising to keep in touch during the holidays and finally headed home.

Wrapping the gift wasn't such a bother, the tape part was however. (Y/N) couldn't count the number of times the tape would either stick to her hand, fall on the floor, others just weren't long enough.

The girl hoped that Jack would like the gift, not knowing much about him really made this whole thing hard. It was somehow funny how she'd always buy or recommend something romance related for him based only on his favorite book he mentioned once.  Perhaps she should ask him about his interests at some point, it would only be fair.

As she hid the gift underneath her bed, a thought crossed her mind – What did Jack even celebrate?

She assumed Jack didn't really celebrate anything, but if he had and she ended up giving him a gift on the wrong day she'd feel bad.