One Last Dance?

When Bucky gets back to Lizzie, he notices how upset Steve made her. He loves Steve but he hates how he is putting his sister through this. Bucky already feels bad he has to put her through him leaving.

He walks up to her and wraps his arms around her shoulders and rests his head on top of hers.

"Are you okay, El?" Bucky asks in concern.

This is exactly why she didn't want to fight with Steve because she didn't want to talk about it on Bucky's last night.

"I'm fine, Jamie. The night is still young, what do you want to do?" she asks.

He knows that eventually, they are going to have to say their goodbyes but he doesn't want to sadden the night just yet.

"You wanna go dancing?" He asks.

"Why do you love dancing so much? All you do is pull me around, I'm not the best dance partner," Lizzie explains.

"I don't know really. I've liked dancing ever since I was little. I remember dancing around with Becca when she was still a toddler. Dancing makes me feel alive I guess. I think I like dancing with you because when we dance, we're alive together. Plus I like the feeling of you pressed against me," Bucky says with a smirk.

If dancing makes Bucky feel alive, then she'd dance with him forever. She only wishes that dancing could keep him alive.

"Let's go be alive then," Lizzie responds.

They head to the dance hall and luckily it's fairly empty since most people are still at the expo.

Lizzie hesitates when they get to the dance floor because the song is very fast tempo.

"Jamie, I don't know if I can dance to this," Lizzie says.

He doesn't say anything but grabs her hand and starts twirling her around to the music.

"Nonsense, if I can dance to it, you can too," he says.

They dance to several songs, some are fast and some are slow.

They are about to leave when they hear Dream A Little Dream Of Me, comes on.

It's probably just a coincidence that it would play both now and Christmas. However, it isn't a particularly popular song, so to them, it seems as if this is a song that the universe loves to make them dance to.

Bucky extends his hand to Lizzie.

"One last dance?" Bucky asks.

She doesn't say anything but takes his extended hand.

He pulls her tight against him. He holds one of her hands while the other rests on the small of her back. She rests her other hand around his neck and leans her head against his chest.

Bucky closes his eyes and rests his head on top of hers. He wishes he could hold onto this moment forever.

"Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me"

As Lizzie listens to the lyrics, she wishes desperately in that moment that she could control her dreams. Maybe saying goodbye would hurt a little less if she could visit him in her dreams.

"Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear
Just saying this"

As Bucky holds on to Lizzie, he thinks about all the things he's going to miss about her. He's going to miss her intelligence, her courage, her perseverance. He's going to miss her gentle touch and her soothing kisses. He's going to miss her smile and her laugh.