Chapter - 37

I took the tray given by Mrs.Hwang....which contained a bowl of rice,a bowl of stew and few side dishes....and made my way towards y/n's room.

Y/n's POV

I was laying on my bed facing the ceiling and thinking about stuff,what stuff?...I don't know...I am just thinking about whatever comes to my mind.

Just then I heard a knock on the door which broke my trance.

Y/n - " Come in!"

I said almost inaudibly but I hope the person outside the door heard it....and yes he did.

The door opened and I saw Tae entering in with a tray in his hands.

I sat up slowly.

Y/n - " Tae?"

He gave me a small soft,warm smile.

Oh how I wished to see this genuine smile of his again?.....I felt my heart suddenly getting excited.....and I can't guess the reason....why?

He kept the tray on the night stand and sat in front of me on the bed.

He looked at me for few seconds with those beautiful deep eyes of his...which sometimes are completely unreadable to me...as if I can't decipher the emotion they showcase.

His strong gaze made me conscious about my messy state...I must be looking scary with my puffed red eyes, swollen face and messy hair.

I looked away from him.

Tae - " Why didn't you had lunch and dinner?"

He said in a deep, husky but soft voice.

Y/n - " I-I wasn't hungry."

He held my chin softly and made me look towards him.

Tae - " You cannot skip your meals y/n."

He said so calmly as if teaching a child.

I was staring at his face but then I noticed something...his attire...he was still in his office suit.

Y/n - " Tae...I guess you just came back, you must go and freshen up."

I don't know why my time sounded so dead.

He ignored my statement and picked the tray from the nightstand.

Tae - " You need to have your meal first."

He said gestured me towards the tray.

I looked at the tray which had much stuff but the the daenjang chigae (Korean bean paste stew)....caught my attention.

I remembered appa made it for me the day before he left.

I suddenly felt a heaviness in my heart and lost the appetite even before it was formed.

Y/n - "I really don't want to eat Tae."

I said pleadingly.