𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦

"Guys, I have to tell you something."

George and Clay were sitting in Nick's room as he packed for his trip, giving him advice and enjoying their last night together. The morning after his first dream, he was unusually quiet, which worried George. He was hoping to get some answers before his friend left to see Karl.

"Okay, what's up dude?" Clay asked.

Nick sighed and sat down with them on the bed before continuing, hinting to the seriousness of the topic. "You know how I've been acting weird about my soulmate? Like your questions and being all awkward about it?"

"Yeah," George responded cautiously.

"Okay, well it's because I know who my soulmate is. And I fucked up guys." Nick said, voice shaking at the end.

Clay wrapped his arm around Nick's shoulder and held him close as he broke down, giving comfort to his friend. "Hey, It's okay. We can figure this out Nick, can you keep going?" George spoke softly.

Nick nodded and pulled his face away from where it was buried in Clay's chest. "Yeah. Okay, um, don't interrupt me please. I'll tell you the whole story."

After getting nods of affirmation from both of his friends, Nick started his story. "Okay, well my first dream was amazing. I opened my eyes and I was in the middle of this party, and there were people everywhere, and so much noise. I needed to get away, so I went for the first door I could find and I opened it. When I got inside, all of the background noise faded and I found this guy sitting on a couch, watching Spongebob of all things," everyone giggled a bit at this. "So obviously I walked over to the couch where I could finally see his face for the first time."

After a few seconds of silence, Clay asked, "Okay, so who was it?"

"It was Karl. And obviously in the dream it was wonderful, we sat and cuddled together all night but when I woke up I panicked! I have ignored him since and now I'm going to go see him and It'll be so awkward and I just don't know how to fix it." Nick finished, flopping down on the bed to bury his face in the pillows.

"Woah, I was not expecting that," Clay started with a chuckle. "Okay dude, well you know that you fucked up, so let's all think about what you could do to fix this."

"I know this sounds scary but I think calling him is the best option. Explain yourself and I'm sure he'll understand," George added.

"Well yeah but what if he gets mad at me for waiting so long to reach out? I've probably worried him a lot and I feel super guilty."

"How will waiting any longer help? Here, how about this, pretend George is Karl. And I'll guide you through the 'conversation'" Clay suggested.

"Sure, let's try this." Nick conceded, then got up so that he was sitting facing George.

"Hey Karl."

"Hey," George started, but ended up snorting halfway through in his attempt to be serious.

"George! Get into character! You have to be sad Karl, not a total nimrod!" Clay shouted at him, all seriousness unlike the giggling boy next to him.

"I'm sorry! Okay, restart, my nerves got to me."

Nick rolled his eyes but continued nonetheless. "Hey Karl."

"Hey."

"Look, I'm sorry for ignoring you, I know how it looks. But it wasn't like that, I was just being a stupid, self absorbed, scared asshole and I didn't even think about you. I wasn't expecting to find you in my dreams, but the more that I think about it the more it makes sense. You're beautiful, and funny, and you care so much about everyone. I don't know why it took me so long to process that. I'm so excited to see you tomorrow, and I know that what I did was shitty but I hope you can forgive me."