Chapter Twenty Eight

Eleanor followed Newt and climbed out of the suitcase. She looked around and wasn't sure where they were. It was a huge open sandstone room with statues of past pharaohs. There were pillars with ancient runes engraved on them. It was honestly a very beautiful room... if only it was on different terms with why they were there. In front of them stood three half giants, decorated head to toe in jewels and gold. There were two men and one female.

"State your names," the man on the left spoke and his voice echoed throughout the room.  The pair stood silent for a second too long which made the man take a step towards them. 

"My name is Newt Scamander and..." He started. 

"I am Eleanor Baker," She concluded. 

"Where are you from?" The woman asked more nicely than the man. Her voice was smooth and flowed like honey. 

"London," They said in unison. All of their faces seemed to relax a bit. 

"You must be friends of Albus." The man on the right said and Newt and Eleanor looked at each other with confused eyes. 

"Uh yes. We are good friends with him." Newt said cautiously. 

"Let us introduce ourselves, friends." The man on the right began. 

"I am King Khufu," The man on the left said and Eleanors eyes almost bugged out of her head. 

"King Khufu?" She asked and the mans eyes looked her up and down. "Impossible..."

"You know of me?" He directed his question to Eleanor. 

"Yes, of course. How? You?" She couldn't figure out how to phrase her question. 

"You mean to ask how am I 4,600 years old?" He asked and let out a booming laugh. "My dear, you have a lot to learn."

Eleanor stood with her mouth open, unable to believe who was standing in front of her. Newt stayed silent, not really understanding the history aspect of all of this. 

"I am his son Djedefre. It is great to meet humans from the outside realm. We're not allowed out of here you see, the world is supposed to think we are dead. Only few know of our existence." The other man said. 

"So all of those stories about MECA and the Romans taking over... they aren't real?" Eleanor asked hoping to get a little closure to the lesson she had gotten back at Hogwarts. 

"Those were just rumors we started to draw attention away from our family." King Khufu said. 

"You must be Queen Henutsen," Eleanor addressed the woman in between the men and she smiled warmly to the pair. 

"I appreciate you not confusing me for his first wife, happens too often." The woman said. She was the most beautiful woman Eleanor had ever seen in her life and she was thrilled that these people weren't actually an enemy. 

"Albus was very vague with the mission he was sending us on. I'm starting to think that what he told me I was coming here for isn't true." Newt began. 

"What did he tell you? That man... he even confuses me," King Khufu said. 

"There were creatures being trafficked here." Newt said and looked at his feet. 

"Ah... well he's not wrong about that. I do have a few here that were brought as gifts for sacrifices, but..." King Khufu began and turned to his queen. 

"I couldn't bring myself to actually go through with it... They were just so beautiful. They are still here if you are interested in rescuing them. We couldn't do anything with them, so they are chained in the dungeons with the poachers that bring them in." Queen Henutsen said and looked guilty. 

"The poachers are with them?" Newt asked curiously. 

"We capture them. To prevent them from trafficking again. Mom can't stand them." Djedefre chimed in. Newt nodded his head. 

"Sorry I'm still stuck on the fact that you guys are alive?" Eleanor said with her brows furrowed. 

"As you should be curious." King Khufu stated. "I'm sure you've heard the rumor about the fountain of youth?"

"Yes," She said. 

"Well that one isn't just a rumor. It's true and that's what keeps us alive." Djedefre said. 

"Why would you want to stay alive this long if you can't go anywhere?" She asked them. 

"Even though we cannot leave, we are still worshipped as Gods by our people. We still make hierarchy decisions for Egypt and MECA, without us there would be no Egypt." King Khufu said. It was making sense to Eleanor now, but the whole thing was just so bizarre. 

"What did Albus say we were coming here for?" Newt asked them. 

"He said he would be sending three people to pick up... an important package." King Khufu said.

"Leave it to Dumbledore to make us travel to Egypt to pick up his mail for him," Eleanor said which made them laugh. 

"Where is your third member?" Queen Henutsen asked them. 

"I'm sure you've heard Grindelwald is on the rise again?" Newt asked. 

"We've heard of the man." King Khufu replied. 

"Our third member confessed to being a follower and tried to attack me," Eleanor stated. 

"Ah, that would put a damper in things I suppose," Djedefre said with a low chuckle. 

"Did Albus ask you to fight?" Newt asked. 

"Of course he did, but we can't come out of hiding now." Queen Henutsen replied. 

"I understand," Eleanor said. 

"You must be exhausted. I believe we woke you up when we retrieved your case. You can stay here for the night, but we expect you be gone tomorrow morning. We don't have visitors stay too long. They tend to get...nosy." Queen Henutsen said and snapped her fingers. Two ladies opened the door for them to leave. 

"Tomorrow at 6am we will come bring you the package and you may collect the creatures from the dungeons. Then you must be on your way." One of the ladies said while escorting them to their room. They walked down a long hallway and they opened up a door. "Enjoy your stay."

The couple walked into the room and were absolutely blown away. There was so much gold. The walls were golden with ancient runes. The floors were gold as well, but had intricate carpets to cover up certain areas. There was a four poster bed centered in the middle of the room with ruby red curtains. 

"This place is... breathtaking." Eleanor breathed. "I'm scared to touch anything."

"I need to go down and check on the creatures. They were very startled before." Newt said immediately and placed his suitcase down on the floor practically diving head first into it.

Eleanor used her wand to change her clothes out for pajamas and drew the covers of the bed. They were so soft... Everything about this place was almost too good to be true. They had prepared to fight it out to rescue these creatures, yet they were practically welcomed with open arms and treated with so much respect. She tucked herself in and waited for Newt to come back out. 

"They're all settled in again," Newt said climbing out of his case. He crawled into bed with Eleanor and held her close to him. 

"What a weird day." Eleanor said. 

"Agreed," He said and kissed her neck. 

"Why wouldn't Dumbledore tell us the truth?" Eleanor asked. 

"Who knows," Newt said. Newt was always so quick to brush these weird things off, but Eleanor was beginning to be very skeptical with Dumbledore. These actions were odd... even for Dumbledore. 

"These sheets are really soft. We should ask the lady if we can keep them tomorrow." Newt said and nuzzled into Eleanor and they both fell asleep without any interruptions this time.