17

Atreus' POV

Stopping in front of the restaurant Dariya sent me, the valet walked to my door waiting for me to get out. Handing him the keys I slide my hands into the pockets of my grey trousers.

The doorman opened the door nodding at me in silent greeting. I returned the gesture, walking over to the host.

"Verlice, please." I said to him, saying what Dariya said in the text. He nodded at me, gesturing for me to follow him through the restaurant.

It was packed with a few sponsors and VIP audience from the race. It even had a few teams here too. We stopped at a rope that led up a few steps to the VIP section that was full.

Dariya's team all sat on a long table, a single booth on the wall with chairs on the outside. Nodding at the host I looked around for Dariya seeing that she wasn't here yet. It was 11 o'clock so hopefully she would be here soon.

"Did Dariya invite you comrade?" A middle aged man asked, who I would only assume was either a mechanic or a technician.

"Yes she did, Atreus." I said to him, extending my hand. He shook it firmly, smiling at me.

"Fin and I know exactly who you are. Have a seat wherever you wish." He said to me, gesturing to the few spaces that were vacant. I sat in the booth at the wall seeing as it had a generous amount of space there still.

Opposite the long booth that extended down the wall to the wall was multiple singular seats on the outside. Thus corner of the restaurant was pretty dark, giving a very relaxed and private scene.

"What do you want to drink?" A guy from opposite me asked silently calling over the waiter who stood by the entrance.

"Gin, please." I said to the waiter.

"Where are you from lad? Names Clayton by the way." A young dark skin man questioned, he had an underlying British accent that was very light, looking in his late 20's.

"New York." I answered, smiling at them slightly.

"You're that Castro-what's his name son." He said snapping his fingers trying to remember.

"Ah yes I have it now Emmanuel Castro, that big shot lawyer."

"That's me."

As he was about to speak again, he stops short when a sudden loud cheering began from the people at the table.

"There's the woman of the hour!" Fin said loudly, getting up as Dariya walked up the few steps to the little private area we were in.

"You're always so late." Clayton said exasperated as she grinned at them.

"You're just bored because the party doesn't start until I arrive." She said accepting the hug from Fin.

"Your man came." Fin said nonchalantly, gesturing to me.

Her eyes connected with mine as she followed the direction of his finger. She smiled at me her eyes straying only when Clayton pulled her into a tight hug lifting her heeled feet off the floor.

She unleashed herself from the hug, scowling at him as she fixed her top that became put of place. I stood leaning down to kiss her cheek deeply, the scent of her perfume wafting my scenes. Her hand resting on my chest made me smile smugly, she liked to touch me.