ch. 10

<𝗖𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝘁 𝗜𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗸𝗶

the sound of chatter filled the halls as you walked alongside atsumu, it had been a month since you and Suna had a full on conversation.

he's been trying to speak to you ever since valentine's day, but you'd always cut the conversations short wanting nothing to do with him.

you hadn't been talking as much lately and you were finally becoming comfortable with yourself again. you felt like you finally branched apart from your little crush, you were content, and it didn't go unnoticed by those around you.

but still there was that little part of you that felt so exposed. it felt like you were on display for everyone to see, it's not like they saw you. they saw your image.

overall you were doing okay, but the same couldn't be said about suna. his guilt was eating away at him, he barely showed up for class, and he started to isolate himself.

valentine's day was the first time he'd had a panic attack in 2 years, it was eating away at him. and the worst part was, you didn't even know they'd came back.

soon after making your way to your seat you noticed a note on your desk with 'Y/n' written on the front.

you decided it would be best to read the letter alone, though that wasn't what the writer intended.

later forgetting about the letter you went on to eat lunch with the three others, listening to them converse.

finding a place to sit, osamu decided to stir up a conversation

"hey y/n how's lover boy?" he said teasingly

"oh yea your new boyfriend." atsumu smirked while suna only glared at him.

"you mean tooru?" you asked

"so you agree?" The twins teased.

"no, it's not like that" you laughed

the talk about Oikawa went on for another five minutes, which earned two hands to slam down on your table.

"What's all this talk about Y/n and Oikawa, it's pathetic." Suna spat causing you to stand up after him leaving only Centimeters between your faces.

"Well at least he's not an asshole." you argued back

"what does he have that I don't? It doesn't make sense, i know everything about you so why him?!" The boy said with a slight crack in his voice.

"because he doesn't treat me like an option, in fact he likes to speak to me. but you only kept me around for your benefit!" you yelled back with your heart pounding in your chest

all eyes were on the two of you, it was all too much. the whispers from the students left suna to cover his ears and run out.

you felt your hands begin to tremble, you knew exactly what that meant

he ran to the roof disregarding the rain that was trickling down his skin.

"y/n.." Atsumu said in shock.

"I have to go get him." you said with a tone barely above a whisper before running off.

by the time you reached the rooftop you were panting and your heart was pounding in your chest

as soon as you spotted suna you pulled the boy into your chest.

"why didn't you tell me they were back." you said holding his jaw between your hands. the male gripped your wrist pulling  your hand from his face.

"no, why are you lying to everyone." he said using his other hand to wipe the makeup under your eyes.

"you haven't slept in days y/n, maybe you can fool everyone else. but i'm not buying it." the male said harshly with hints of fear.

"because rintaro, i'm not buying your shit either. i'm worried, your loosing color in your face. and your panic attacks are back." you said voice quivering.

"i'm so sorry y/n. really i'm so so sorry." the male said sobbing into his hands. suna felt lost, the girl he'd been worrying about was loosing sleep because of him and it was hurting you both.

"rin, don't hold these things in anymore. i don't care what happens. i'll always listen to what you have to say." you pleaded as you felt that all too familiar burning feeling in your throat

that being said, the two of you stayed in each other's arms for a while. it was so comforting, the way you grasped each-other like one of you would slip away if they were to let go.

both wanted to stay standing there forever in the pouring rain, but neither would admit it.

edit-2/12/22
i can't tell if y/n wears the pants in the relationship, probably. anyways if you're ever having trouble with panic attacks anxiety or insomnia please tell someone, you're not alone and you don't have to go through it alone. my dms are always open as well i'm never too busy to talk.