Chapter 72 [ The happy aftermath ]

The intro to this chapter with that title doesn't seem to match so well 🗿🗿

-----------

The execution for the priest was decided. He was sentenced to death by drinking sulfuric acid inside the dungeon. For what happened to him afterwards, my parents didn't mention anything to me. Although I clearly knew very well about him.

The cries of joy and shouting from everyone inside the castle upon seeing my arrival was so loud that even my heart was moved. I missed everyone as much as they miss me. They only have their memories returned recently yet when they see me within only a few minutes, they already feel like they've known me forever already.

Yvonne and Margaret, including Jamaica all ran up to me and hug me in their arms, no longer care about their our status. Not that I care either. Jacob, Connor and Finny stand still as their eyes filled with emotions. Xavier can only wipe his tears with his handkerchief as he hug his wife.

That night inside the duchy castle, we threw a party to celebrate my return. Everyone is eating, everyone is drinking, everyone is drunk, everyone is celebrating and everyone is singing.

Connor lift his beer up into the air and start singing with Finny and the rest of the knights grabbing music instruments from nowhere;

Toast to the ones here today
Toast to the one that we lost on the way
Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
And the memories bring back
Memories bring back you

The song they were singing almost made me cried in front of everyone. The song that was from earth also existed in this world. I can't help but sing along to the melody and lyric.

Midnight came and I was dragged to bed by none other than my parents. That night, I sleep on their bed with them. The night we once used to sleep together. Instead of telling me more fairy tale, they told me how much they missed me, how frustrated they were when I came into their dreams, leaving nothing but my silhouette, singing and laughing.

I began to tell them back of how much I long to see them and home. We ended the stories when we were about to go asleep. That night, when I was about to doze off, they whisper something to me.

"Soon, you'll be a sister...are you happy with a little sibling?"

I said nothing but smile while half-asleep.

Being an elder sister doesn't sound so bad.

---------------

Month after month pass, my freedom after that incident were getting smaller and smaller but nevertheless, I was still allowed to meet my friends.

Seraphina and Ezekiel already entered the academy before us. Despite being young, Seraphina was still accepted into the school. Whoops, I didn't make friend with the crown prince though. But we get along quite well after bumping into each other inside the palace.

Delaphina already began her sword lessons along side with princess Sofiana and Augustine. Her divine magic was already on the same par with Helios. In the future, maybe she'll surpass her father.

As for me, I still practice my magic alone with the help from magic books Augustine and Seraphina got me. We weren't able to see Seraphina much but occasionally, she'll visit us.

As for my family, we're gonna get new member soon!! More surprising news is that Margaret and Jacob are getting married soon. Connor is getting engaged to Jamaica. Finny is going to become a captain of a knight division soon. While Yvonne is married to the son of count Heybabe. But I'm still wondering how the hell did she meet with him...did I miss too much events during the time I went missing?