𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 & 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞

PRACTICE was finally over

PRACTICE was finally over. you were excited, your heart beating so fast you swore you could hear every beat of it.

"okay guys! time to go," you clapped your hands, signaling its time to lock up since you guys have finished cleaning. you took your phone out of your school bag to text iwaizumi.

you:
iwaizumi- san
i'm heading to seijoh now :)

without a second thought, you shove it back into your school bag.

"tobio- kun, you don't have to walk me back today. i have somewhere to go," you told the latter with dark hair.

"huh? okay. will you be alright?" he questioned. you nodded your head. "i'm meeting up with a friend." you smiled at him.

"okay, i'll go then. see you." he said and left. you and tobio were considered close. you guys live three blocks away from each other so you both usually walk to and from school together. not to mention, you're the manager for the volleyball club too.

you waved goodbye to the rest of the team and walked towards the opposite direction, heading to seijoh high school. it wasn't that far by car, but it was a good 35 minutes walk from karasuno. thankfully, the weather wasn't as hot today. you arrived and stood by the entrance.

surprisingly, there are still lots of students lingering around at this time. you took out a pocket mirror and fixed your hair a little. you took out your lip balm and applied a little of it on ur lips, a soft pink color slightly appear, sitting prettily on your lips. a smile formed on your face as you remember you're going to meet iwaizumi again. you shove the mirror back into your backpack and took out your phone.

hajime:
okay
i'll be out a little later
i'm sorry
coach is holding us back for
a meeting

you:
its ok
i'll be waiting

you were scrolling through your instagram while waiting for iwaizumi until a voice approach you.

"oh? who is this? are you waiting for someone?" a boy asked, his arms wrapped around the shoulder of another boy, who seem to be his friend.

"uhm. yes," you softly smiled and look back at your phone.

"well, well. since you're still waiting, mind giving me your number?" a sly smirk plastered on his face.

"uh- sorry. but no, i don't think i can," you smiled and bow slightly.

"why is that?" he asked, his face inching closer to yours.

"uhm, my battery is dead." you lied and hurriedly locked your phone.

"okay, then just type your number into my phone." he took his phone out from his pocket and handed it to you. you felt nervous and a little angry. does he not understand what no means?