♛ 27

"Mark, what brought you here?" Taeyong asked.

Mark's lips curved into a smirk, reaching towards his gun. Taeyong immediately reacted as soon as he saw Mark moving his hand to his back, taking his right hand in his, pinning his body to the wall as he held his right hand behind his back.

Dasom widened her eyes, startled by the sudden movements from the two.

Mark however, he chuckled at the sudden situation, as if he expected this to happen. He then flipped the whole situation, using his left hand, he reached for him, tackling his body to the ground.

"I'm ambidextrous, remember?"

Taeyong stood up, rubbing his head in agony. He observed his younger brother, he still looked the same. Nothing much changed about him, except for the fact that he fully excelled his skills now.

"Right," he turned to look towards Dasom. "Now, is this your new partner?"

"That's none of your business."

Taeyong cackled at his words. "You came here without father's knowledge did you?"

"So?"

"What do you want?"

Dasom just stood there, not knowing what to do or say. She didn't want to make the atmosphere worse as it's already clear that the two weren't in good terms with each other.

"I want you to tell me one thing." Mark said.

He was desperate enough to find information about this but the longer he looked, the more he grew impatient. Taeyong was the right person to ask about this, considering he's the current executive in Neo Mortem Mafia.

"And that's?"

"What's the connection between Neo High and Neo Mortem Mafia?"

Taeyong laughed at his question. "You expect me to tell you this?"

Mark shook his head. If he was being honest, he knew Taeyong would never tell him that, never in a million years. 

"You're still the same, Mark. Sometimes I wonder why you're the one that survived."

"This has nothing to do with that."

"Of course it does! Isn't that your main motivation—"

"Shut up. If you're not gonna tell me about this the I'll just leave."

Dasom looked at the two with a bewildered look. She didn't even know why she was here in the first place until she realized that she was only here because Mark dragged her here. But why?

"You should know one thing," Taeyong said. "The 7th district belongs to the mafia."

。·:*:·゚★,。·:*:·゚☆ 。·:*:·゚★,。·:*:·゚☆

What is the point of surviving?

That question has been lingering in Mark's mind for such a long time, longer than his liking. Ever since he was a kid, he was raised to be an assassin by his father. Now, he's leading his own group towards one destination. 

Victory.

His life was all about this one stupid game of survival, winning has always been something he had always wanted. But what about now?

Sure, winning the game is still his top priority. He's willing to sacrifice anything in order to win; that's how dedicated he is. He remained calm, keeping his cool demeanor even when his father told him to continue the mission that was left unfinished in the past. 

Mark tied his shoelaces, standing back up to look at the screen before him. It's his turn to play and he had chosen to play catch. 

It shouldn't take him long to finish this. After all, he's the Mark Lee.

He had already set all of his plans when the game started. His role was the seeker, so all he needed to do was to find the hiders.

He managed to catch three hiders in under 10 minutes, that's how skilled he is. Being a tactical person, Mark always has a plan running inside his head. Including a plan if someone gets on his way, just like right now.

"We meet again, Mark." The black haired boy said.

Mark raised an eyebrow, putting the both of his hands inside his pocket. "Sunwoo, what a pleasure to see you again here."

"Cut the shit. I heard you brother came back." 

"He did. You better be prepared, he improved a lot. You wouldn't want him to chop your head off, right?" 

Mark knew exactly what to say to trigger the boy in front of him. With that, Sunwoo threw his dagger at him. But thanks to his quick reflex, Mark managed to move away, letting the dagger hit the player behind him.

Mark had noticed a presence behind him, so he decided to take advantage of this moment to take the other player down.

Mark's lips curved into a grin as he stood back up, taking out his knife from his back pocket. Fortunately for Sunwoo, he managed to move away right in time, the knife slicing his skin on his left cheek.

He then proceeds to grab Mark by his left hand, tackling his body to the ground. Mark was about to stand up, but Sunwoo was quick enough to grab him by his collar again, throwing his body away, hitting the wall.

Mark let out a sly smile, enjoying the fight they're having. It's been a while since he actually fought with a decent fighting partner like this. 

But Mark was never a patient person, and when he's mad, that's when people should fear him the most.

He stumbled up, throwing his knife away. The look on his eye immediately changed, it's a lot darker now. All he needs to do right now is to take Sunwoo down to win this round.

"Getting quite worked up huh, Mark Lee."

"Shut up."

Mark sprinted towards him, taking out his gun with his left arm in process. He had hurt his right arm earlier, so he couldn't use that arm much anymore. He managed to grab Sunwoo by his collar, throwing his body to the ground.

He stepped on his chest, putting on a strong pressure, enough to make the boy groan in pain. He took out his gun, pointing it to his head. Sunwoo could feel the chills running down his spine, it was like looking right at the angel of death- the grim reaper.

Mark could easily kill him with a single pull on the trigger, that's how much in danger the boy is right now. 

"What are you waiting for? Kill me."

Mark tightened his grip on the gun before sighing, stepping away from the boy. 

"I am an assassin, but I don't want to waste people's life for no reason."

With that, he walked away towards the exit. He won the game again.

heyyooo how r y'all it's been a while since my last update