Chapter 29

KINUHA NI Auri ang larawan na naka-display sa bedside drawer niya matapos ilapag ang bag at napangiti.

It has been her routine for over three months to stare at the photo before going to school and after.

Hinaplos niya ang mukha ni Rage na nakangiting yakap siya habang natutulog sa dibdib nito. She knew that Rage was the one who left it there. That sneaky man.

"It's been over three months Rage... Hindi ka pa rin nagpapakita sa akin..." Malungkot na bulong niya.

Ibinalik niya iyon saka nagbihis bago lumabas ng silid niya para kumain.

"Nana, how was your day?" Usisa niya kay nana Lourdes ng makapasok ng kusina.

Nana smiled. "It was fun and someone sent you an advance graduation gift."

Tumaas ang isang kilay ni Auri sa sinabi ni nana at sinundan ito nang pumunta ito ng sala.

"Here." Nana gave her a small gift, wrapped in a very fine red satin cloth with yellow ribbon and a white envelope.

It was a little heavy for its size and solid to the touch.

"Thanks nana," Auri smiled and excitedly opened the gift while nana went back to the kitchen to prepare food for her.

Auri wowed when she saw what was inside. It was snow globe polar bear.

"Wow this is so cute," malawak ang ngiti na bulong niya saka iyon inalog.

"Aaw..." She drawled as she looked at it. Then she took the small envelope to see who gave her the gift but deep inside she already have an idea who.

Nakagat na lang ni Auri ang pang-ibabang labi ng mabasa ang sulat at ang pangalan na naroon.

Baby,

Congratulations. I may not be there with you as you take another steps in your life but know that I will always be proud of you.

I miss you by the way. I know, we haven't seen each other for over three months now and it will be that way until I'm done with something I must do. I'm really sorry about that, baby.

Loving you always,
Your husband.

Ilang beses na binasa ni Auri iyon saka dinala sa dibdib niya habang hawak parin ang snow globe polar bear.

Kinuha ni Auri ang cellphone niya saka ti-next si Rage.

Thanks Rage. I love you too. I'm missing you so much.

"The food is ready Auri come and eat," tawag sa kanya ni nana.

"Wait nana, I'll just take the gift to my room," she shouted and went to her room to put the letter to her drawer and the snow globe beside Rage's framed picture.

Auri smiled. Thanking the man inwardly for lifting her mood. It's been so long for her since she get a word from him. She thought that Rage has already forget about her. But looks like he's only busy— like always.

Kahit na nakakalungkot na hindi niya ito makikita sa graduation niya ay okay lang. Kahit papaano ay nagparamdam na ito. It will be enough for now. She just hope that whatever he's doing he will always be safe. And wish that he'll be able to stay with her for long after that.

Muli siyang lumabas ng silid para kumain na.

"Thanks nana," niyakap niya si nana Lourdes bago siya kumain.

Auri washed her plates after eating while nana went to rest. She was drying the plate when she heard the main door of her condo opened and not long after she saw her brother Prius walk in with Georgia.