09| I'm a Mafia Princess...That's Hilarious

ARABELLA's POV

ARABELLA's POV

I was jolted awake from my nightmare as my wide eyes frantically searched the room for any sign of the two dead people who had haunted my dreams

My breathing was quick, and my heart was beating so fast, that I could feel the erratic throbbing in my veins as my body convulsed in fright.

Tears streamed down my tired eyes as I kept repeating to myself, almost like a mantra, that— it was all a nightmare, that they were dead now, and that they would never harm me again.

They couldn't hurt me anymore, at least not physically.

Even though they were dead, they still managed to hurt and scare me, and even if it was only emotionally, it left me frustrated and exhausted .

It wasn't a nightmare though, it was rather a recollection of last night. I'm surprised that I'm still alive, after all the abuse I've received till date.

You're probably wondering, how I get through the day in pain from all of my wounds and bruises.

Well I guess, it is  due to years of experience.

I'm used to it because it wasn't my first beating.

And then there are painkillers.

When I finally calmed down, the pain in my body came crashing down on me. My shoulder had turned into a throbbing mess, and my ribs and stomach were as if they were caught on fire.

I needed to change the dressing on my stomach and also do something about my shoulder soon because I can't go around with a sprained shoulder and blisters on my stomach that could potentially get infected the longer I keep them unattended.

I sighed painfully as a shudder came over me, as I realised that the only way I could get any sort of help was by telling at least one of them, which I wasn't going to do because I couldn't let anyone know about my past.

They all seemed nice and welcoming, except Mason, and if they found out about my abuse, they'd be completely disgusted with me and throw me out right away.

So I can't tell them—

I won't let anybody find out the truth and no one can ever know.

I forced myself out of my depressed thoughts and decided to start my day, because it wasn't like I was about to get any more sleep anyway.

With that I went to my worn-out school bag and pulled out my medical kit, which I had purchased with my salary.

After that I made my way inside the bathroom, almost stopping my steps mid-way as I stared directly in front of me.