Chapter twenty - Challange

George had spent the last two days in bed, his back was slowly healing and he could walk around without whining. But it wasn't fulling better. and he was not looking forward to the six-hour carriage ride he had to go on today.

Dream had made sure to prep the carriage with loads of pillows and blankets, to make the ride as comfortable as possible for the prince. Dream made his way back up to the Prince's room to tell him it was time to go. He poked his head inside the room and spotted George curled up on the bed. He slowly made his way over and sit next to him.

"George, what's wrong?"

George lifted his head and gave Dream a sad glare, "I hate my life."

"Mood." Dream smiled, "But you know what I don't hate? Meeting you and falling in love with you." Dream pulled George in for a hug.

"How can you say that? We'll never get to be together, for real, in public. Wouldn't you prefer to be in a relationship where you don't have to keep it a secret? And where you didn't have to watch me kiss and do other stuff with someone else?"

"What do you mean 'other stuff'?"

"Dream don't act so naive. I'm going to have to marry this guy. He's going to have certain expectations." George pouted.

Dream didn't even want to think about that, "Let's murder your father." Dream said with a deadpan look on his face.

"What! Dream! You're joking right?" George stared up at him in confusion.

"Don't worry, George I won't kill him if you don't want me to. It's not like if he was out of the picture you would be king and you could marry whoever you want. And it's not like he doesn't beat you and he might deserve it. I also think you'd make a great ruler. So don't worry about it."

"Dream, you can't be seriously considering it? He's the King! He's my father! You would be a murder."

"George, before I was your personal knight I was in the army. I was in the war. I've killed a lot of people."

George pulled away from Dream and looked at him in the eyes, "I think every life is precious. And should be treated with respect. Killing isn't the right way to go about it."

"What if you have to take a life to protect thousands of others? I'm not saying killings right, but it is sometimes necessary."

"I guess... But killing my father isn't necessary." George said strictly.

"No. It's not." Dream frowned.

"We should get going, we have a long trip ahead of us." George crawled out of bed.

"Yeah."

---------------------------------------

Dream couldn't forget what the Prince had said earlier, 'He's going to have certain expectations.' George was right, he and this Quackity guy were going to be doing things that even he hadn't done with George yet. And when they did get married George would be sleeping in Quackity's bed. Where would Dream sleep? How was he going to sleep without George by his side? Dream was pissed. He had to think of some kind of plan to make George his and only his. Maybe they could run away together. But the prince kind of stands out. And the whole army would be set after them. Maybe he could convince Quackity to fake marry George. But how would one go about doing that?

The dream was so lost in thought that he didn't notice the carriage coming to a halt. George tugged on Dream's sleeve. "Dreamy, we're here." He said softly.

Dream melted at the nickname, "Right, let's go."

Dream exited the carriage first and held out his hand for the prince to use as he jumped out of the carriage.

Las Nevadas looked fairly similar to George's kingdom, It had your classic white castle with a large brick wall surrounding it.

Unlike when they visited Karl no servants were around. In fact, it was practically empty. George looked over at Dream with a confused look. Dream shrugged and walked up to the castle gate and knocked. A little peephole opened up, "Yes, who is it?"

"Um, Prince George of L'Manberg?" Dream stated.

"Oh! Oops. The King most of forgot to tell me, Come in! And welcome!" The servant opened up the gate, "Follow me!"

He led them through the castle and straight into the throne room. "King! You have some guests!" The servant announced.

King Quackity was sitting on his throne looking over some paperwork, His hair was covered with a beanie and his Kingly garments were all black with a little bit of dark blue. He glanced up confused, "Guest?" His face quickly grew into a smile when he saw George. "Oh shit! I forgot you were coming today! You must be the hot Prince everyone is talking about."

George blushed. Dream glared.

"Sorry, I would have properly welcomed you but I got so caught up in my law school."

George tilted his head, "Law school? Why would you be doing that?"

"It's a backup plan."

"Backup plan for what?"

"In case being a King doesn't pan out."

"O-okay?" George said still very confused,

"Anyway, aren't you fucking excited to get married! I've already planned our wedding! It's in two days! Let's fucking go!" Quackity giggled.

"Um, yeah, sure."

"But don't worry, I am a fucking gentleman. So tomorrow I will take you out on a date, and you will instantly fall in love with my beautiful face!"

"Okay..."

"And then we will fuck!" (I feel so uncomfortable writing this.)

Dream couldn't take it anymore. "Hey, King Quackity, I challenge you to a duel! Whoever wins, wins George's heart!"

"What?!" Both George and Quackity exclaimed.