14: Heinous Crimes And Sleepovers (Maybe Not The First Part)

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"And then I started crying," You sigh.

"What a riveting series of events!" Simeon laughs (and once again, it was fucking gorgeous) from the other side of the phone, "But at least you got hired at the book café like you wanted!"

"Yep! And all it took was a death glare from Lucifer! But I'm seriously not gonna be liked by the other employees because of that now."

"I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Sure, they might find you a bit... pampered, but once they get to know you, they'll adore you."

"Awe, you really think so?" You grin as you spread out on your bed, "Hey, you should visit me some time at work, then. I was told I could give friends a discount."

"Sure thing! What's your schedule?"

"Eh, since I'm only working part time, it's after school every other day or two. I start Wednesday at 4P.M."

It's kind of true. Diavolo himself told your employer there will be days that you must be excused from going to work because you have personal business with him.

It gained a suspicious look, but since you seemed more than qualified (honestly, you're sure 90% of the reason you were hired was because a human soul would attract demons, thus attract customers), you were hired on the spot.

Then you were asked to leave because Beelzebub was trying to eat all the food on display, and Satan was disturbing the peace by yelling at him.

"Yeah, I can even bring Luke, too!"

"Awesome, it'll be fun!" You sit up and gnaw at your bottom lip with anxiety, "Hey, let me ask you something."

From hearing how quickly your tone changed to serious, Simeon gets serious too: "What is it?"

"So, the good souls who aren't sent here... are they sent to the Celestial Realm?"

"Ah-yes, they are. Why do you ask?" Simeon pauses for a second, "Are you... having religious thoughts about the afterlife?"

"Kind of. Do you think you can... well, I want to know if certain people I know are up there," You reveal, "Before arriving in the Devildom for this program, life was really hectic and chaotic for me, and for the people I was close with. I'd like to know if certain people got the afterlife they deserved."

Ah. Simeon wasn't expecting that. Did this relate in any way to the Little D he saw you talking to the other day? Or maybe seeing the Little D made you realize that you had the second chance of seeing the people you've lost?

"Well... I'm not really supposed to reveal that kind of information to you... But, there's no rule saying I can't take you to the Celestial Realm for you to search for yourself."

At this, you laugh: "I, ah-ha, I don't think it'd be a good idea. This might be horrible to hear, but I shouldn't be in the same Realm as God at the moment."

"Oh? And why is that?"

You get quiet for a moment.

"There's a few questions I want to ask my creator, but..." Thoughts of Akira, Gerik, Aimi, and so many others invade your mind, "I don't think I could stay calm and composed enough to ask. It wouldn't be a good, personal, first impression, right?"

Oh wow, that almost made Simeon teleport into your room and give you a hug. You sound so sad; who hurt you?? Well, apparently God by the sounds of it, but Simeon isn't in the position to assume that.