Chapter 18

Shruti's POV

" He is no one bhai... I have no relationship with him. I don't even know him well. " I said as I was really scared of the consequences.

I started pleading with him but Nihal was very furious. He caught my hand and pulled me towards home when Siddarth got up and came back.

" How dare you?? How can you hit a girl like that?  " He looked furious and was about to punch him back.

No !! Please !!!

Nihal turned to him and his back was towards me. I shook my head and folded my hands in front of Siddharth.

I didn't want him to fight or say anything. I knew that it was going to cost me all the hard work I had put in to date.

" She is my sister, who is she to you?? Why are you so bothered?? "

" Oh sorry, bhaiya !! You are just overreacting. She is no one to me. I  don't even know her name. I just wanted to ask her about a friend of hers.  "

" What??  A friend of hers?? But why are you asking her? "

" I wanted her to ask about her friend's phone number or address. My parents and Bua ( paternal aunt) wants to go and meet her parents Please bhaiya, tell her to help me. My Bua Ji came to the hospital a few days back. She saw the girl and is really after me to find her as she wants her to be her daughter-in-law. "

" Listen, I don't care... I will not tolerate you anywhere near my sister. Go and find that girl on your own. "  Nihal said glaring at him.

" Ok, sure but please if you could help me. Please ask your sister. My Bua will keep pestering me. You know how women are. Please bhai!! I will never bother your sister again. "  He continued doing that drama.

" Do you know that girl?? " Nihal asked me.

" I don't know her... We were given the same project so we were working on it together. It is over, I don't know her." I said and  burst into tears

" Did you hear that? She does not know much about her. Now stay away from my sister. If I ever see you around her, I will beat you to a pulp. "  Nihal said.

" Ok !! Sorry for all this. " Siddharth said looking at me and left.

" I am sorry, Shruti !! I should not have hit you. Please forgive me. "  Nihal said touching his ears and I nodded. He went to drop me at college and told me that I must tell him if he bothers me again.  I nodded and he left.

About after an hour, Siddharth came to me and asked me If I was fine but I was angry with him so I just nodded and told him to stay away.

" Are  you sure you are fine?? "

" I am till now... Please have mercy on me, just stay away. I can't afford to leave my studies in the middle of it. I have put in so many efforts. Please. "

Siddharth went away but kept away from me.  He never came to talk to me again though his eyes still seemed to follow me everywhere. But I always ignored him. It has been 2 years since that happened.

Present time

He is the Head Dermatologist in the Hospital as the former senior doctor who was the head of the department, retired 2 months back.  

I completed my MBBS and I had to do the internship.

I was a bit apprehensive as I didn't want to work under him or any of his friends especially Dr Parth.  But that was unavoidable. All the doctors were his friends.