26

Enzo placed his hand around my throat and pushed me until my back made contact with the wall. "I'm the Don. People respects and fears me, not the other way round. Who the fuck do you think you are going against my orders?" Enzo shouted furiously, his grip tightening on my throat.

"You still haven't figured it out, have you?" I smirked, not caring about his hand around my throat. "If you think you can kill me then have at it."

Enzo loosened his grip around my throat before shaking his head. "You're lucky that you're part of that alliance." He backed away, running a hand through his hairs.

"Fuck the alliance for once, let's have a fair fight, shall we, Don?"

A few gasps were heard from the people around us. Enzo had his gaze fixed on me; he was clenching and unclenching his fist, as if having a debate with himself.

Before either of us could say anything, the door to the room where Alessio was being treated flew open and the doctor stepped out.

"How's he?" I asked instantly. The doctor glanced at me before replying, "The bullet was successfully removed. Fortunately, it didn't hit any vital organ- so, he'll live."

I sighed in relief and so did some other people. It was only then did I notice that there were two unfamiliar people present there. I stared at them in confusion.

I couldn't help but to notice the similarities between the couple and Enzo. Wait- are these his parents?

"Thank god!" The woman said, placing her hand over her heart, relieved. The man nodded and wrapped his hand around the woman.

"He should be up anytime soon. It will be good if only one or two people go inside...per time." The doctor said before walking away. The woman and the man who I assumed was Enzo's parents looked at me, making me furrow my brows.

Why were they looking at me? Did I have something on my face?

'Yes you have blood all over you.' My subconscious reminded me making me roll my eyes internally.

"I'll go inside first." I spoke up before anyone could. They stared at me as if I was crazy while Enzo held no emotion on his face. "I'll go first."

"I said first." I crossed my arms, challenging him.

"I'm the Don." He replied, also crossing his arms. I didn't care that we were both being childlish at that time.

"I'm his s- best friend." I mentally slapped myself for risking my identity.

"I'm too." Enzo replied making me roll my eyes, "I knew him first."

That should've shut him off but it didn't. What he said next made me frown. "I was there for him when you weren't."

It was him who wasn't there for me not the other way round. I would have been there for him if he had let me find him but no, he preferred hiding.

"Or......" Enzo's mother intervened,looking at us like we were the most stupid people on the planet, "You could both just go in...together. The doctor did say two by two, after all."

Okay she wasn't wrong, she did have a point but it seemed like both me and Enzo forgot about the 'two by two' people thing.I opened the door and got inside before slamming it shut. Then Enzo opened it and got inside before shutting it. He glared at me before his eyes fell on Alessio.

I walked towards my brother and stared at him closely.

"Trevor is dead." I said to Alessio who nodded in response. "How are you?"

"Are you seriously asking me this?" I asked back, "How are you?"

"It's nothing." He shrugged, "I've been shot a couple of times before." Me too, probably more times than him.

"Did we get what we wanted?" Alessio asked Enzo who nodded, "He did give us the address but before we could confirm whether he was lying or not, someone killed him." he glanced at me.

"Well that's because someone knew that he wasn't lying." I replied, rolling my eyes. He adverted his eyes from Alessio to me. "How do you know that? As far as I know, nobody knows where his base is."

"I can tell when someone is lying and Trevor wasn't lying." I replied coldly making him grit his teeth in frustration, "If it isn't, then what?"

"It is"

"But if it isn't?"

"But it is."

"Okay stop guys!!" Alessio said, making both of us snap our heads in his direction. He smiled innocently before raising his brows questioningly, "Why are you two fighting like a couple?"

"A couple?" I repeated. I was surprised that Alessio even asked such a thing.

"Yeah, are you guys a couple? Did something happen in...my absence? Because if it did, I'm glad my ship has finally sailed." He grinned. Enzo and I glanced at each other before scoffing.

"Him and I?"

"Her and I?"

Me and Enzo? A couple? I'd rather jump off a cliff.

Okay maybe not...

"Wait- you've been shipping us?" I raised my brows at my brother. Honestly, I didn't take him as the type to 'ship' and so on.

He scoffed, "The moment I saw you here. I started shipping you guys internally along with Dominic, Dante, Arabella, Antonio, Blake..." He trailed off.

These pricks...even Arabella? What the fuck? Can't they see how much me and Enzo hate each other?

"Yeah that's never gonna happen- Him and I, I mean." I said, looking at Enzo who smirked as if knowing that I was looking at him. He wasn't even looking at me.

"Am I that bad?" He asked, furrowing his brows. Finally turning his head in my direction, staring at me.

Was he seriously asking me that question? I raised me brows at him, "You're not bad at all, really. It's not like you had your hands around my neck, choking me less than few minutes ago."

"He was trying to do what?" Alessio asked, almost shouting.

"She disobeyed me." Enzo shrugged. Before any of us could reply to what he said, His phone started ringing so he left the room to take the call.

➷➷➷➷➷