•13•

Amren Valentino

I fucking hated it. And I fucking hated her.
The innocent look she gives me, whenever I take a glance at her. I'm familiar with the forceful circumstances that joined our union together and I was beyond mad, pissed even.

She just accepted it with shrugged indifference and it boiled my nerves. I wanted her to be raging. I wanted her to scream at me, to yell in my face.

To chuck a vase in my direction carelessly in the heat of the moment to let off some of the steam she's holding in.

Mainly, because I wanted to do all of that but I knew I had to keep my shit together.
God, I hated this, all of it.

After I gave her the bags, too aggressively might I add, I stormed outside, the snow crunching loudly beneath my feet.

As I make my way outside the damned cabin, I sulk towards Noah, who stood casually leaning slightly on the car side, a lit cigarette in hand releasing small white puffs of smoke to the freezing air.

Without much of a word, he holds his other hand out, silently offering me a cigarette from the packet. Without further thinking, I accept the offer.

Fishing the stick out, he lights it for me and I take a long drag, releasing back into the air with all my tension. It calmed my nerves as it provided the jolt of dopamine, however temporary and artificial it was.

After a few inhales, I had enough and crushed it beneath the heel of my shoe, putting it out. Letting out an audible sigh, Noah cocks an eyebrow up, turning slowly to face me "Trouble in paradise already, huh?"

A hint of teasing laced his words, though accompanied with a sliver of obvious sarcasm to it.
I leaned my head back, looking at the morning sky "You mean in hell" I answer back jokingly and he just chuckles in return shaking his head.

After that we remain quiet, latching in comfortable silence, my mind taking a momentary break from all what's happening, a vibration in my back pocket and a ringing shrills through.

Running a hand through my disheveled hair, my other reaches to pull it out "Yes?" It's Luca, and he obviously called because of an update on the situation, following my instructions.

"Well, we managed to catch one of the guys Ivan sent" He starts and I listen intently.

"Guess who's not so keen on objection?" He chuckles humorously and I grit my teeth in response.

"But, why would he endanger his mafia over personal business ?" I question.

"He's always been a prideful fucker, and I guess he didn't like it when you swept in and took what was meant to be his" He offers and it seems logical, though I didn't get it why Ivan was hung up on the matter, it already happened buddy. Time to move on, she's my wife now.

"So, let me get it straight, he's upset because someone on the playground stole his toy?" I offer sarcastically at the childish behavior.

"Yeah. His minion said it could all be avoided if you divorced Aiyana and delivered her to him" He says and my fist clutched the phone so tight my knuckles turned white and the phone surely felt suffocated.

"Tell him in his dreams. I may not like her, but that doesn't mean I'll hand her over to that rapist jerk" I spat angrily, my mind wandering back to that night at the casino, the day I first met her.

I sigh, ever since then my life has been taking twisted turns of events.

I may be cruel, cold or indifferent but I was still considered a saint in comparison with that lowlife. I'd never lay a hand on her, or any woman for clarification.

To the contrary, Ivan never seemed to grasp the idea of personal feelings, discarding the idea dismissing-ly to actually fathom what the word 'no' meant.
I'll buy you a dictionary next time.

•••

A/n:

So, what do you think so far?

It's weird, sometimes I have the motivation to write like ten books at once, and then other times, one chapter takes a toll on my mind. Funny.

For more updates
please vote and comment ❣️