Chapter 45: Music

The door closes behind Heloix with a loud slam, and I take the opportunity to view the room without an audience.

It's nothing short of ugly, and I wonder if Heloix will let me put the new furniture in the slave's quarters and return the old in here. What's in there is pretty old and ratty, and this will be a nice improvement, even if it's a bit of an eyesore.

With one final glance, I turn and head towards my bedroom, eager to throw on some pajamas and spend some time with Heloix. There is one last barstool to unpack, and I debate it for a moment before heading over and ripping off the bubble wrap. Both of the old ones have already been removed, and if we decide to sit at the island at any time tonight, it will be nice to have them both unpacked and ready.

The wrapping comes off pretty smoothly, ripping quickly underneath my hands. Dropping down to my knees, I pull the last bit of packaging off and lift the stool to remove it altogether. It's easy work, but as I move to stand back up my hand brushes against a small piece of paper wedged where the bottom of the seat meets the legs.

Crouching down, I eyeball the folded-up paper, noticing that it doesn't seem to be part of the packaging.

My curiosity is peaked as I reach out and grab the corner with my fingers, giving it a hard yank to dislodge it. Turning it over, my hands freeze as I notice my name is written on it, the handwriting neat and feminine.

I don't hesitate to unfold it, my heart beating rapidly at the secretive nature of the note. Before I have the chance to read over the words Heloix comes walking back in, forcing me to shove the paper into my front pocket in panic.

"What're you doing?" He asks, voice curious as he walks up behind me.

I shrug, popping back up on my feet. A part of me wants to show him what I've found, but another part of me worries that he will take it away and keep the contents a secret. What else would be written on a hidden note to me if not something Heloix doesn't want me to know about?

Spinning around, I face Heloix with a large smile. "I just wanted to unwrap this last bit here."

He looks at me cautiously, clearly not believing my words, but doesn't push me on it. Instead, he wraps his arm around my waist and lifts me into the air, making me laugh as he carries me into the bedroom.

"I thought I told you to get changed." He comments, forcing a squeal out of me as he tosses me on the bed.

I scurry up off the mattress, landing on my feet at the foot of the bed.

"I'm changing now!" I shout, rushing to my dresser to grab one of Heloix's shirts.

He watches me as I change, a slight smirk on his face as I undress. A light blush covers my cheeks as I slip out of my clothes, careful not to let the note fall out of my pocket as I slide down my pants.

The removal of my clothing is successful, and I gently set them down on the dresser before slipping on Heloix's shirt. It falls a couple of inches above my knees, and a quiet grumble falls from his chest as I turn around and face the bed.

"My Beast likes this." He comments, eyes flickering as he looks me up and down.

Gasping, I hold a hand over my heart and feign hurt. "But does Heloix?"

With a chuckle he stands, walking to meet me in two long strides. I have to crane my head back to remain eye contact with him, his height forcing my neck to fold in half. He has to make a similar motion on his end, dropping his head forward to look down at me.

I'm sure to everybody else it looks comical, such a giant Beast mated to a tiny human, but I quite like it. His size makes me feel secure, and the knowledge that he is bigger than the other Beasts serves to turn me on.