My Chosen Family

"I'm thinking we do some shopping for the baby," Y/N says.

"Yes! That is a perfect idea! I miss shopping with you!" Wanda exclaims. She was glad that she didn't have to explain how she came to look about 2 months pregnant so suddenly. "Vision, Y/N and I are off to the mall, we're going to get some baby clothes!" Wanda calls out to her husband who is in the nursery in progress.

"Ugh, I've been waiting for our girls day for so long!"

Wanda smiles affectionately at her friend. "So have I," she sighs quietly.

The mall is only a 15 minute walk away, Wanda insisted that the exercise was good for the child.

"How is it going along with you and Bucky?"

"Oh, we're trying but... nothing just yet."

"Well, I'm sure in no time we'll have little ones who will be running around – oh! They could be best friends."

"I would love that!" she giggles at her friend's optimism.

They entered the department store and went straight to the baby section.

"So, what colour pattern are you thinking?"

"Mmm," she thinks. "I'm conflicted between green or red..."

"Well," Y/N finds a green and red onesie. "How about both?!"

Wanda gasps and claps. "Perfect!"

They load up their shopping cart with all sorts of baby essentials. One would thing they were shopping for two!

"Where shall we get lunch?" Wanda asks.

"What about that place, it has that has that new Middle Eastern food..."

"Shawarma!" Wanda finishes Y/N's sentence.

"Yes it's like you read my mind!" They giggle knowingly.

They are seated at a table and put their bags down.

"So how are you liking WestView?"

"It's amazing! Everything I could have wished for, Vision loves it too. And it's so great to... have you be so close!"

"Awww you and Vision are so cute! Your children are going to be adorable!"

"Well how about you and Bucky, though? You are made for each other," Wanda smiles fondly.

"Yes, I truly believe we are."

"He just lights up around you."

Something comes back to her. A memory. "He used to have nightmares," Y/N says quietly. Like a confession.

"Oh?"

"Since coming here, though, they've stopped." She fiddles with her ring, looking distant. "It's probably the peace of the suburban life."

"Exactly why Vision and I moved here –"

"Hiya kids!" A cheery very familiar voice breaks through their conversation.

"Hello Agnes," the two greet.

"Whatcha talkin about? And why wasn't I invited?" The two women look at each other. "Just pulling your leg!" She looks down at the shopping bags and Wanda's belly. "My oh my have you grown! What an exciting addition to our little neighbourhood!"

"Thank you, Agnes," Wanda smiles.

"We should throw you a baby shower!" Y/N exclaims, gone is the girl who was in deep thought about her husband's past struggles.