16| Rudolph?

Turns out, Yoongi makes a worse driver than you.

Only—worse in your definition of "good driving." No matter, it did the work; there's no one behind to shoot bullets or propel grenades against you.

Nonetheless, it's too risky to head home. So the three of you will be staying at a hotel already booked by the oh so lovely Jimin. By the looks of it, they've really set all this up.

You ungrasp your seatbelt after Yoongi slows down, slumping against the fleecy cool backrest of the car. The interior of this Ferrari may be heavenly, but the outside is rather a museum of bullet marks and dents.

Resting your head on the window, you gaze up at the sky, missing the taste of deep-dyed freedom. It's starting to darken outside, the last few sun rays cosseted beneath the cotton-like clouds that race through the velvet black sky.

For a moment, calmness creates an art in you, falling deep into your chest with every inhale. You're not sure how long this will last but you savor it, ignoring the soft bickering between Jungkook and Yoongi in the background.

"Tony Stark is too egotistical," Yoongi hisses at Jungkook. "Captain America will always be superior."

"Egotistical?" Jungkook asks, letting out a dry laugh. "Speak for yourself. Everything great about Steve Rogers came out of a bottle."

You groan in frustration. They've been bickering about Marvel characters for a while now.

"Will you guys shut up?" You peep in. "I'm trying to sleep. Not to mention after almost getting killed by some psychotic hitman. I think I deserve some rest."

"Not to mention we don't care," Jungkook spits back, making you scowl at him.

Exhaling sharply, you bob your head against the window, feeling a headache kick your skull.

When tomorrow unfolds, it'll be your third day away from home—away from a normal life.

Staring away at the city, you can only wonder how your dad is doing. Is he still working? Is he home? Did he eat?

You jolt up, eyes bright with realization. "Oh my god," you whisper aloud, making Yoongi snap his gaze to you through the mirror. 

"Stop the car," you splutter frantically, making Jungkook turn to you with a raised brow. "You're in no position to make commands. Go back to sleep."

"My unicorn," you blurt. "I left it at the carnival."

"Great," remarks Jungkook dully. "Just where the creature belongs."

Lips curling in anger, you send him a glare. He ignores you. 

"We're here," Yoongi announces, a lazy attempt to sound enthusiastic. He flicks the engine off before turning awkwardly to you. "Are you alright?" He asks. "You look awful."

"I feel awful," you say, flinging the door open before hopping off the car, desperate to get some fresh air in your system. But when you land, your heels crackle against the pitted ground, making you stumble backward with a shriek.

Jungkook grabs your arm immediately, straightening your posture with a single hand. "What is wrong with you?" He asks hoarsely. "You keep falling."

You smack his arm away. "Maybe you should try wearing heels," you hiss sassily, gesturing to your feet. 

"I don't intend on doing that," he retorts, walking away from you. Rolling your eyes, you hurry  behind him, pausing to glance back at Yoongi who shuffles in the back seat of the car.

"What's with him?" You ask with a frown. "Is he not coming?"

Jungkook shrugs. "He doesn't like hotels. The beds are apparently too plush for his liking."