Chapter 6

Dedication to playingmuke (outfits for the party is on the side/top.)

"Let 'em watch, keep staring Hatin' all the things we do Tryin' to knock us off our cloud," Luke sang. It was the night of the party and he was in an extremely good mood. he didn't think he would like moving to a new house and attending a new school, but it turns out that this change made him the happiest he's ever been. After he zipped up his skinny jeans and put on his new shirt that he got yesterday when he went shopping with Ashton, he began to swivel his hips and kept singing. "They got all eyes on us Wishing they had what we got So sing like no one's around And dance like your mama ain't proud," suddenly Luke heard laughing coming from behind him, he spun around and blushed when seeing Liz standing in his doorway holding a laundry basket.

"Well I'm definitely not proud," Liz joked, making Luke laugh. Liz walked over to Luke's bed and placed clean clothes on there.

"Put them away before you leave." She ordered before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her.

Luke did as told and then went into his bathroom to do his hair. He decided not to do a quiff and keep it natural. He brushed it and applied a bit of hair gel to keep it in place. He walked back into his bedroom and grabbed out a pair of socks from his dresser and put them on before putting on his new black vans. He sprayed on some cologne then took a look around his room which looked like a pig sty. He picked up a few clothes that were scattered on the floor and put them in a laundry basket that was in his bathroom. He placed his shoes neatly by the door and made his bed. He usually wouldn't bother cleaning up his room but considering Ashton was staying the night, he didn't want him to think he was a slob. Which he isn't, he just gets lazy. He glanced around the room and was satisfied by how clean it was, he grabbed his phone off of his table near his bed and rushed down the stairs. He walked into the kitchen and saw that Liz was on the phone. Luke frowned when seeing her expression. He slowly walked over to the kitchen table and sat in the chair across from her. She gave him a half hearted smile, and said goodbye before hanging up the phone.

"What's going on?" Luke asked, with a worried expression.

"Nothing, honey. Everything's fine." She assured. Liz stood from her seat and said before leaving the room,

"I'm actually feeling tired, I'm just gonna have a nap. There's money in my purse if you and Ashton want to go to a café or something before the party and please don't stay out to late. Have fun tonight." She smiled, but Luke knew it was fake. Before he could say anything back she was already walking up the stairs. Luke took his phone out of his skinny jeans pocket and checked the time. It was 7:50 and the party starts at 9. Luke decided to ring Ashton and see if he would like to go out to eat like Liz suggested. He dialled the number and waited a few seconds before he picked up.

"Hey Ashton. It's Luke,"

I know. I have caller ID. Ashton laughed on the other end.

"Right. That was stupid." Luke face palmed. Obviously he has caller ID you idiot. His subconscious added.

Don't worry about it. It was funny. Ashton giggled, Luke laughing when he let out a loud hiccup. Luke just thinks it sounds so adorable. He would never admit that to Ashton though. It makes Luke's blood boil when he sits behind or in front of people in class and they talk about how 'annoying' Ashton is. Ashton can't help the way he is and he most certainly can't change even if he wanted to.

"Anyway, what I was going to ask was if you wanted to grab a bite before the party?" Luke asked.

Grab a bite? What are you, american? Ashton joked and Luke couldn't help the grin that had spread across his face.