Basket 2

Third POV

"A game? Sorry, but you're not allowed to play just yet," Hyuga told Kagami.

The red head had come to his captain to ask him about when their first game was, and when they could begin playing. However, Kagami was met with that answer. An answer he wasn't exactly pleased with.

"Huh? Why not?! Seriously, what's the deal? You gotta beef with me, Captain?" He began questioning Hyuga, taking it as more of a threat than anything.

"No, what I mean is you're still a perspective player. You're not official yet," the captain explained.

Oh, so that's what he meant. No beef, no nothing. But still, it was weird to Kagami that he and the other first years weren't official players yet.

So, to answer his question and solve his problem, Kagami dashed to the classroom of the only one who could make him a part of the team. In her classroom, Riko had been playing a basketball game on her gaming device while she ate her lunch.

"Aw, yes. I knew this one would grow. Nurturing talent is so wonderful," the second year coach gushed as she took a sip of her milk.

Beside her, (Y/N) was playing on her own device, and it was clear she was becoming very frustrated by the results. Brows furrowed, teeth gritted, she was sitting in a chair beside Riko with her knees eye level before letting out a small yell as she sprawled out in her seat.

"No! I lost again! Ugh, dammit! How is he so good at this game?" The younger girl grumbled to herself while leaning onto Riko's desk with a pout as her cousin let out a small giggle.

The 'he' that she spoke of, was an old acquaintance of her sister's when she had been in high school. Going to a prestigious school in Tokyo, and also being a basketball player. But all thoughts were now cut off as (Y/N) jumped from the large pair of hands that slammed down on the desk.

"Coach!" She heard Kagami's voice yell, causing Riko to spit her milk out onto his face.

While that seem to have annoyed Kagami, the red head was here for more important matters, and couldn't get side tracked. So, he wiped the beverage from his face before getting straight to the point.

"Listen, coach. Give me a team membership form," he demanded from her.

Riko was taken back slightly, and felt some deja vu. As she wiped the milk from her mouth, the coach grumbled under her breath.

"What is with today? You too now?" She sneered slightly.

"Too?"

(Y/N) laughed slightly as she recalled the same sort of events that had happened about twenty minutes earlier. Kuroko and her had gone to Riko's classroom to grab the same form, and the phantom had scared her as well to the point where she spit her milk out.

"Tetsu and I were here earlier, but I decided to hang back and have lunch with Riko," she explained with a smile.

"Oh, him," Kagami scoffed.

While he and Kuroko were on slightly better terms now, there was still the hot headed-ness of the red head that prohibited him from being completely friendly to the phantom.

"Oh, please. How impatient can you three be? You're a couple of troublemakers," Riko stated as she crossed her arms.

"Ouch..." (Y/N) teased as she went back to her game for a split second, seeing as that her gamer friend had sent her a provoking message, something he had always done to tease her.

Riko glared her cousin before grabbing her head and shaking it slightly.

"Not you, dummy."

"What do you mean?" Kagami asked her.