29| Leaping Frogs

Jungkook is in front of you in seconds.

"Stand back, Reaper," he spits, his voice raw white wood, melting in the darkness that sways around you.

Your heart thunders in your ears when the man's green-meadow eyes flicker towards you, calmly holding your floundering gaze.

Suddenly, he grins, revealing his perfect set of white teeth. Only now do you realize how perfectly handsome he is.

Although he had a mask on, his jade eyes glowed even in the darkness. A swirl of his jet black hair snuck out from his massive hat, causing him to angle his pretty face up in a demanding poise.

He wore a black cloak so dark that he blended in with the darkness around him. When he tilts his face to the side, you notice a scar below his chin and over his acute jawline.

This man can sure get it.

The grin on his lips does not falter. "Y/N," he swoons, your name sung into a silky, cool tonality that makes you shudder.

He turns to Jungkook. "Your girl can surely pole dance. I can trade this thing for my—"

"I'm not a thing, you asshole" you grunt.

At your annoyance, his expression brightens. "I'd appreciate it if you called me Reaper," he says. "But please, I'm known to answer to 'sweetheart,' 'love,' or maybe even 'jagiya.'"

Jungkook's jaw tightens. "Cut the bullshit before slit your throat."

"Ah," he warns. "As much as I'd love to see you try, I also have other arrangements to make. Unless, of course—"

"Shut up," you and Jungkook grunt in unison.

He runs a lean finger against his lips. "How about I make a deal with you?" He cooes, eyes glimmering towards you. "I'll let your sweet Black girl free in return for the pole dancer."

You feel your throat go dry. Jungkook lets out a snort. "Why would I? She's mine. She doesn't have anything to do with this."

The Reaper raises a brow at Jungkook. "No?"

"I'm not a pearl on display," you hiss out, and the smile on his lips twitch.

"Why of course not," he retorts. "Because you're quite the gem."

Jungkook tightens his hands into fists.

"Pearl or not, I take what I can get," the Reaper says cooly, his breath wooing your skin. "The way you dazzled the audience, Y/N. I want that. I want you. We're alike, you see. You and I. Together, we can make the audience sway."

Jungkook takes hold of your wrist. "I gave you the drugs. She's not part of the deal."

The Reaper narrows his green eyes under the mask. "You killed my guards, Jungkook. That was not part of the deal."

The smile on his lips has now smeared away.

"In return for the girl—," he continues. "I won't ever intrude with your company again. And of course, Bea is set free." Jungkook tenses at the Reaper's words.

To think he would counter his offer with another comeback was entirely an understatement. "Do I have your word?" He asks, and you feel your heart plunge at that.

The Reaper stares at Jungkook with his contemplating, jade eyes. His cheekbones lift before he nods cooly. "You have my word."

You swallow the urge to scream. Was Jungkook really going to trade you for Bea?