Chapter 26

I cried. I cried that entire night. Not because I felt sorry for myself, but because this world is so evil. And the people who have things that they can't speak up for, or think they don't deserve to, afraid of the repercussions, just do it.

I was weak. I could never admit I was afraid of what had happened. Call me naive or whatever you fancy. There was a time I was young and didn't know what was classified as sexual assault. I was eighteen fucking years old. I was young. Naive. I didn't grow up with a mother figure who I could have gone to. My friends were the ones supposed to have my back but took the abuser's side. Yes I told Madeline but I knew as I cried to her what had happened she judged me for getting myself in that situation. She dismissed it before I even finished telling it. I couldn't expect more. That's how this life was programmed, the only person who can be your saving grace is yourself. It's a hard pill to swallow but after that, it's the only medicine you really need. I chose not to dwell on what had happened to me.

I chose to ignore it when I gave up trying to get people to listen. Brittany who herself was taken advantage of pretended it never happened and made me look crazy. Every one of them thought I should just be normal with Drew after that because he didn't know better right? I should have been more vocal, I shouldn't have done the weed with him and gotten high out of my mind not knowing how it would have affected me. I was the one to blame. Me and only me. I refused to play the victim role after that happened. As much as it killed me inside, I thought I was strong. Instead, I just came out as weak.

I looked across to my phone and noticed it was midnight. I didn't give a shit, I planned to not go to school the next day. Yes, my dad would be fuming but my mental health was more important. I wish he had the ability to see it too.

I punched in the numbers and waited for it to start ringing. He answered on the second.

"Hello?" He mumbled through the receiver end, music filled the background.

"How much would I have to pay you to drop a baggie or whatever you call it for me?"

"At this time lady? Who am I even speaking to?" The dealer demanded. I nervously bit on my fingernails, unsure as to what I was even doing.

"I met you before in the club, I'm a friend of a friend. I got your number from Aspen." I offered, unsure if he would believe the lie. Truthfully, Aspen never gave me a number for any guy I just so happened to have overheard this guy give it to Aspen a while back. I was there for their whole conversation.

"Oh, Aspen. Alright, send me your address I'll come over soon."

"Okay." I hung up and sent my address. I laid back down restlessly waiting.

It took him ten minutes to arrive and when he did, he watched me with such surprise I almost didn't get him to sell me the coke. But after assuring him I wasn't working for the feds he parted, leaving me with the cocaine.

Making my way back in the house as quietly as possible I closed the front door and was about to creep back up the stair when a voice almost made me jump out of my skin.

"Wynter." Anger laced the way he said my name. I froze in my spot as a figure approached me, stalking his prey. I backed up slowly but he was already too close, my back eventually pressing against the front door with nowhere to escape.

He pressed both palms against the door, trapping my body against his. My mind swirled as his proximity sent signals to places I wish it didn't. My arousal couldn't come at a worse time. His face inched near mine, the anger radiating off of him in waves.

"Did you not think my own drug dealer would hit me a message asking me if I referred you to him? Did you think that he'd just show up to a random person selling drugs? You're a fool if you thought that."