Ten Months of Hell

Hot damn, I am on a roll. I've been waiting to write this part for a long time, so I've just been flying through it... probably helps that I got my first day off of work in a few months, lol. Sorry for any typos or mistakes, that tends to happen when I publish three chapters in one day.

Midoriya was fairly certain he was still alive, unless death involved watching your memories endlessly—wait, those were his memories. Those were his memories! The ones that All For One had taken from him, the ones of the ten months after he'd been captured. The rush of information overwhelmed him, and he slowly felt himself lose awareness. His questions would finally be answered...

*                *                *

Midoriya didn't know if it was blood or sweat that was trickling into his eyes, but either way he couldn't move to wipe it away. He laid on the floor, trembling in exertion, his muscles torn and strained, trying to stay conscious. All For One chuckled, looming above him.

"Isn't it incredible?" he asked. "For me, that was only two hours. For you, a full twenty-four hours! And with this Energy Absorption quirk, I can draw out your own energy to keep it running, with no effort from me whatsoever."

Midoriya couldn't even move to flip him off.

"The combination of two quirks I recently acquired, Slow and Dream, are quite useful. I can slow down your perception of time by up to twelve times, and using Dream, I can put you through any grueling training I can think of! I won't need to worry about your safety, the cost or resources, or anything! Are you ready for more?"

Midoriya desperately tried to say no, but he physically couldn't. His breathing grew even more ragged with his desperation, his heart beating wildly, but it was no use. He found himself trapped once more in his mind, surrounded by superpowered beings that wanted nothing more than to kill him. 

"If you can survive and kill them before they kill you, I'll let you rest. Now, begin."

*                *                *

Midoriya held up his fists ready to fight. If he didn't, he knew he would die again in a thousand painful ways. The quirk that All For One was so fond of, Dream, would be more aptly named as Nightmare. The mental torture was unceasing.

His opponent this time was a young man with a whispy, blackish-purple cloud in place of his hair, and he looked nearly dead. Midoriya frowned, straightening as the man tried to settle into a combat stance but stumbled, losing balance due to exhaustion.

"Shirakumo," All For One reprimanded. "I warned you of what would happen if you returned to your physical appearance. You are Kurogiri now, and you must stomp out any traces of Oboro Shirakumo in your heart or mind. Midoriya, this is your first assignment: kill Shirakumo."

Midoriya blinked, feeling another side of him emerging. He imagined what it would be like to be Kacchan, so strong and sure of himself. He smirked, now firmly adopting his new personality. "Fuck off, you old geezer. I'll do what I want, and you can't make me do anything I don't wanna," he sneered.

"Are you sure you don't want to?" All For One baited. "Kurogiri here is the one who kidnapped you in the first place, you know."

"Don't shove the blame onto someone else," Midoriya scoffed, folding his arms. "I blame you, and you'll be the only person I kill. I refuse to take any other life."