42

She's a saint, with the lips of a sinner. She's an angel, with a devilish kiss.

                                     - Angela Robinson Tc

-

"Aris, what're you talking about? You said that guy was gonna kill you! I wasn't about to let that happen-"

"Oh my God, oh my God, what the fuck are we gonna do?!" Her voice was frantic and high pitched as she paced around, the tears from earlier reforming and cascading down her face once again. "No, no, no, please tell me he's not dead." She crouched down by the bloody, mangled mess that was Osiris. He wasn't even recognizable anymore, and he was most certainly dead.

"Aris, what's wrong? He should be dead if he was planning to kill you-"

"No, you don't understand, Edward!" She screeched frantically, standing up and walking over to him where she met his eyes. "Osiris was part of the Volturi, and he was very important to them too. He said they treasured him. He told me that if I, or you, kill him, then they're going to come here looking for him in a couple months time because they'll be wondering why he hasn't returned to Volterra." She desperately tried to explain, her face looking sickly terrified.

"Okay, you need to explain everything to me, but in more detail than that please." He stated, to which Aris nodded, then looking down at the mess which was Osiris's body once again.

"Can we do it somewhere else please?" She asked quietly, causing Edward to nod.

They left Osiris's body, eventually arriving back at Edward's house, where the rest of the Cullen's thankfully weren't. Edward explained that they had all gone hunting, and that he was supposed to go with them as well, but he had stayed behind because of Aris's text.

It didn't take long for her to explain everything, from how Osiris was iridescent, to how he was able to locate Aris, to why he hated Edward so much to the point where he wanted him dead.

"Why did you kill his fiancé anyways? If you don't mind me asking." Aris asked curiously.

Edward sighed. "I don't know, I guess the sight of an innocent teenage girl being killed by a vampire so soon after the incident with Bella Swan just got to me." He explained. "I read the guy's mind, and it wasn't like she was his singer either. He was just killing a teenage girl for fun, when he could've killed anyone else. It was barbaric."

It was silent for several moments as they both processed all of the information that had been shared.

"Edward, what am I going to do? Now Jane and Felix are going to come here, and when they don't find Osiris, they'll go looking for me, and they will find me, no matter where I try to hide." She held her head in her hands, her voice weak from all of the screaming and sobbing that she had done in the past few days.

"Jane and Felix are no threat, Aris." Edward assured her. "Felix has no powers, so my family and I will easily take him out. However, you may need to handle Jane on your own. You're the only person that her powers won't work against, and all of us are useless when we're put under her gift. She's very small, and not very strong, so it shouldn't be too hard. She relies on her powers to protect her, but without them, she's weak." His voice was pained as he thought about the danger that Aris would be put in. He knew that she was more than capable of protecting herself, but he still hated to think about her having to fight anyone at all, even if it was someone who wasn't the least bit of a threat to her.

"But Edward, if we kill Felix and Jane, then who's to stop Aro, or the rest of the Volturi from coming? They'll all just want revenge, especially because of how angry they'll be that we killed two of their best offenders." She worried.