11

You follow the tall woman out of the door, noticing how she still has to bend down despite the entrance being quite high and again the thought crosses your mind, how she even grew to such an height.
Lady Dimitrescu waits for you as the door falls close and you hurry to walk up to her.

,,I really wish I could take my daughters on a walk these days, the weather is perfect", Lady Dimitrescu says with a light sigh and she raises her eyes up to the blue sky.
,,Why don't you?", you ask and glance up to her, secretly admiring how the lightning makes her facial features, her cheekbones and jaw appear more prominent.

,,They can't really handle the cold", she replies,  looking up to three little clouds that are floating over the blue like sheep on a meadow and a smile shows up on her crimson lips ,,But once it will get warmer they'll be able to come outisde with me again".
,,I'm positive that that won't take long, it's almost spring after all", you say while looking at the melting snow that is dripping from the leaves and she nods. 
,,I think so too, yes".

As you walk next to her, Lady Dimitrescu tells you a little about the things you're seeing and the castle, which paths are safe to take and which to avoid, how to get back to the village and how to find the way back if you ever happen to get lost.
It seems like she really knows the woods around the castle and you wonder if she spends a lot of time out here.

The further you both walk, you start to loose attention to what Lady Dimitrescu is saying and instead you just watch her talk.
You notice how she is expressing herself with her hands, pointing to the things she's talking about, her facial expressions changing whenever she talks about a different location and portraying the feelings the places give her, and you start to smile without even noticing it.
There is something about her that makes you truly drawn to her, you're not sure what exactly it is but in this moment everything about her seems just so utterly mesmerizing.

Now Lady Dimitrescu points over to a rather dark looking part of the woods where tall spruces prevent even a hint of sunshine to reach the ground and you concentrate on her words again, feeling a little guilty for not listening.

,,You can't really see it but in between all these trees is a beautiful lake with a small waterfall. I've always told my daughters about it but I didn't want them to go there because I feared they might get lost. So I made up some stories about a creature that lives in those deep waters so that they would loose interest", she speaks and pulls her arm back.

,,But when my girls heard of these stories when they were younger, I wasn't even able to leave them alone over night because they were frightened that monster would show up. And now they love going there when it's warm", Lady Dimitrescu says with a light chuckle and she looks down to you, but your eyes are fixed on the path now and you think about what she said, not realizing how she is softly smiling at you.
The thoughts of the morning come back again after her mentioning staying while her daughters were sleeping and you are thinking about asking her, quickly tossing that idea to the side since it would probably would come around a little weird.

Lady Dimitrescus silence leaves you slightly confused and you look up to her, not expecting her to stare down to you with a glimpse of curiosity in her amber eyes.

,,Do you have a question, Y/N? I can see that you are thinking",
,,You can see that I'm thinking?", you repeat and she nods with a tilted head.
,,It's very obvious, dear. You always start staring and fiddling with your clothes".
Only now you also notice that you're twirling the white cords of your dress between your fingers and let go of them with furrowed eyebrows.

,,Tell me what's on your mind", she says, sounding rather amused.
,,…were you there whole night?", you ask quietly after a bit of hesitation and the woman starts to smile.