Chapter 24

"The truth will set you free,
But first it will make you miserable..."

- James A. Garfield

~~~

Most anticipated chapter of the story, I guess :P
Read at your own risk... XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 24

Bella's POV:-

"Bella.." A voice called behind me as I furiously headed inside the room, "Wait up! Bella.."

I stopped as Cecile caught hold of my hand. It didn't take her long to understand that I wasn't in my best of moods.

"Where's Rebecca?" I asked her angrily.

"She's in her room probably. What's wrong, Bella?" Concern sketched all over her face.

"I need to see her" I ignored her concern.

"Bella, did she do something?" She kept on holding my hand, "What happened, tell me.."

"Nothing yet" I said sarcastically, "Let me go, Cecile"

"Bella, you are scaring me, tell me what's wrong?" Cecile pulled me as I started walking.

"I want answers, Cecile" I snapped at her, "I want to know what Caleb's hiding and..."

"You think Rebecca will tell you..?" Cecile's soft gray eyes searched for an answer.

"She has to.." I said sternly.

"I don't have to do anything, Bella.." Rebecca's voice made both of us turns towards her. She was standing near the kitchen counter, holding a glass of orange juice in her hand. She probably woke up just now.

"Rebecca..." I glared at her, walking forward.

"But" She looked up to me with a serious face, "I will tell you anyways"

I stopped. "You will?" The words escaped Cecile's mouth.

"Yes.. Now, if you want to know, let's go to my room" Rebecca started walking before us.

"Why would you tell us?" I asked in confusion.

"Because no one else will tell you" Rebecca said while leading us to her room, "And even I'm tired of seeing..."

"What?" I asked, waiting for her to finish the sentence.

"Never mind" She shrugged and went inside her room, followed by us.

Her room was similar to ours, but much smaller. She went ahead and stood by the window which overlooked the beach. Cecile and I took the couch and sat their impatiently as Rebecca kept gazing towards the ocean.

"So, what do you want to know?" Finally she turned around with a determined look on her face.

"Everything.." I said nervously, "Starting from what happened six years ago.."

She gave me a sly smile, "What do you think happened that night, Bella? The night Noah went after Caleb?"

Cecile and I exchanged nervous looks before facing her. Noah's subject was still such a taboo, more than I had realized.

"I don't know.." I said hesitantly.

"Really?" She cocked her head, "Okay, let me rephrase the question. Do you think Caleb killed Noah?"