VII

(A small apology at the end of this chapter 💕)

Narrative

The car ride home wasn't that bad, although Toji was stilled pissed about Megumi trying to get away with grabbing random objects again.

You, on the other hand, were fine and felt happy to pay for megumi's new toy. The small boy didn't know what the magic eight ball could do, but he enjoyed putting it near his ear and shaking it vigorously so that he could hear the little object from inside.

Toji sighed in frustration as he continued to listen to his son play with the magic eight ball.

"Fushiguro," The older male scolded with his eyes faced forward.

Megumi stopped and looked at the back of his father's head, wondering what he might have to say.

"That's enough."

The small boy hung his head low and put his toy to the side, playing with his fingers instead. You felt bad for Megumi once again and decided to cheer him up with a question that could possibly excite him.

"Megumi, do you like chocolate chips?" You asked, turning around to see the small boy's head perk up. He thought about it then nodded his head. You smiled.

"Would you like to make cookies?" You asked earn a small nod from megumi, only to ask him a better question.

"Or would you like brownies?" A smile appeared on megumi's face as he nodded quickly to your second offer. You giggled then agreed that you all would have brownies for dessert tonight.

Toji humphed then looked at road. He was quite upset that you didn't ask him what he wanted for dessert. Of course, he was still mad about the incident at the store but he at least wanted to feel included.

You all did shop together, plus he bought all the food and had to deal with that nosy cashier, So he should at least be included in the dessert conversation as well.

Hearing you all giggle about what you all were gonna do to the brownies made him a little jealous.

I want brownies too

••••••••••••••••••••••

Toji opened the door for you and megumi, holding most of the groceries and entering the door way of the warm home.

You set the groceries on the table and put them away. While putting them away, you felt someone cling to your leg. You saw megumi holding onto you, playing fabric of your outfit.