2│HER ANSWER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀ ꒱

❝ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After leaving the Matthews' that night, Juliet and Shawn walked back to her apartment in relative silence, both lost in thought about the wedding their best friends were having without them. When they arrived at her door, she pulled the dark-haired boy closer and leaned up to press a gentle kiss to his lips. He smiled softly down at her when they parted. "That'll be us someday, you know. Living on the edge, making people mad at us."

The redhead chuckled at his words. "Well, we already do the last one pretty well." She looked up at him curiously. "Would you really want to elope?"

He shrugged. "I've never really thought about it, actually. It's still a long, long way off."

"We have time," she agreed. "'Night, Shawnie."

"'Night, Julie," Shawn said. He squeezed her hand as he gave her a final kiss.

Juliet watched him go with a fond expression on her face until he had disappeared down the stairwell. Then, she turned back to her door and let herself into the dark apartment. Quietly, she got ready for bed so as to not wake her mother and then went to bed herself but she didn't sleep.

Instead, all she could think about were her best friends out somewhere in the country, getting married because no one supported them. While she and Shawn had both agreed with the couple, it hadn't been what they wanted— what they needed. Rather, they'd only given their opinions and not unbiased consideration.

🌎🌎🌎

Several hours later found her walking up the Matthews' back pathway to enter the home through the kitchen door. Though she'd half-expected it, she was still surprised to see all of the lights on and nearly everyone gathered in the kitchen. The door opened easily and she entered the house. "Hello everyone."

"Juliet, what are you doing here?" Mr. Matthews asked, startled.

"Same as you, I'd expect. I guess that means we're all up with the creeps and weirdos," she remarked. The kitchen door opened again. 

"How you doing?" Mr. Feeny asked as he entered the house.

"Hi George," Cory's father said in response.

The older man went over to the fridge and took out two juice boxes. "I couldn't sleep."

"Why not?"

Mr. Feeny handed one of the containers to the redhead as he answered, "well, you got all the lights on. Everybody's yelling and Eric parked his car in my garden."

"So?" he demanded as he stood from the table. "What the hell do you care? You're moving. Go ahead, Feeny. Retire. Take care of yourself, that's what you're best at."

"The man has given the last forty years of his life teaching people," Mrs. Matthews pointed out.

"He's probably tired of your crap," Juliet added easily as she took the now unoccupied seat.

"Don't care," Eric declared. "Kill his flowers. Kill them."

He patted the boy on the shoulder. "Eric, when someone you care for makes a considered decision to change his life, then those who do care should offer support and respect his decision."