Desire//31

Desire: A strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen.
—————————————————————

The cold wind carried small snowflakes all around the city, making it hard to see properly. Walking home with bags in her hands, (Y/N) tried her best to look where she was going without slipping on the ice covered floor.

The city was busy, stores were filled with people stuffing their carts with food, sweets and drinks, rushing around the isles as if they had no sense of personal space. The number of times (Y/N) had been pushed by someone else's cart as if she was invisible was insane.

New Year was hours away, and considering that she won't be able to celebrate with either her friends or family, (Y/N) was set on forcing Jack to be her company.

It wasn't like he could just leave, people would definitely be more active throughout the night, celebrating.

She didn't even know if this man celebrated New Year- scratch that, she didn't know if he celebrated anything. Some famous murderers did, but they didn't exactly live in a forest, isolated from the world.

Creepy.

Entering the building, she took notice of how her coat was covered in snow, making the original color of it almost nonexistent. Shaking off the snowflakes, she made her way upstairs, careful not to break any of the bottles in the bags.

She didn't expect to see Jack holding one of the decorations, trying to tape it to the wall. It was a weird sight to see, sure – but it was also quite amusing.

"What are you doing?"

(Y/N) was glad to see that he dropped the mask while he was around her. It was safe to say that the mask creeped her out, and she was sure that he could breathe better without it. The look on his face was dead as usual, which just made the whole scene funnier.

"You said you wanted to decorate."

The girl couldn't help but chuckle at his response. Walking over to the kitchen counter, she put down the drinks and snacks before joining him by the box full of decorations.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect you to try and help."

"I don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, no! I do appreciate the help. It would be bothersome to put all of these up by myself."

He sure acts domestic for a murderer. What a weird concept.

And so, the two started decorating around the apartment. There wasn't much to decorate, (Y/N) didn't bother putting up a bunch of ornaments around since she'd usually spend the holidays with her family and Oliver. It would just mean that she'd have more work when she'd return to the apartment.

However as (Y/N) was staying home and having Jack around, she didn't see the harm in having some fun. It could also maybe let Jack loosen up a little bit.

She was too busy to notice how Jack spared some glances her way. Even when they finished decorating, he sat on the couch and watched her every move while she arranged the snacks and drinks. He didn't know why she'd buy all of those things, not really seeing the point in celebrating new year.

Observing how she walked around and prepared for the night made him wonder if he was like that when he was human. It was weird, Jack never thought about what he might have done before he became what he is, but ever since he met her – he questioned his past a lot more.

"I picked out a couple of movies that are appropriate for this time of the year, you can pick the order we'll watch them in while I bring some blankets."

Nodding, he took the paper with movie titles written on it and began choosing. Jack knew about two movies from the list, so he left those for the end. It didn't take long for (Y/N) to return and drop the soft blankets on the couch.

She was dressed comfortably, which made sense considering that she was home, but it also made Jack stare for some reason unknown to him.

"What? Is there something on me?"

"No, just lost in thought."

"Oh, alright. Anyways, that part of the couch is all yours, this one is mine." she said, pointing to "her" side of the couch. Moving, Jack took the blanket she brought for him and put them on the side.

(Y/N) started the first movie, but Jack couldn't focus on it. His gaze would follow the fairy lights taped on the windows, then on the decorations and then on her. Having a human so close felt awkward. He was used to killing people, not sitting and watching a movie on new year's eve with them.

Jack was impressed by her, for everything that she was. Something that he'd instantly recognize as attractive on her was how smart she was. She would stick her nose where it doesn't belong and still pull through – just like she did with him and his past.

This was the first time he was actually focused on her looks, and to him her face was always the main focus, especially expressions. He enjoys seeing people filled with fear, but when it comes to her – he just wanted to see her smile and laugh. Those were the expressions he craved to see on her.

He loved how her eyes always seemed to show kindness, even if she'd frown or not show any emotion. There was a specific glow in them, one that he hadn't seen in anyone. They were mesmerizing.

Lowering his gaze to her hands, he remembered how soft they were back then when she tended to his wounds. She had been gentle throughout the whole thing, even if it didn't hurt him and she could've always pressed the rags harder. It was the first time in forever feeling the touch of somebody else.

"Why are you staring again?"

"You're pleasant to look at."

He didn't know why he said that particular thing, but the expression on her face was worth it. It wasn't like he was lying, but Jack didn't think that a human like her wanted a compliment like that from a serial killer who didn't even look like a human.

"Oh-Thank you, but uh... You are missing the movie."

Something about (Y/N) sipping her drink with the look of confusion after she spoke was funny to him. Chuckling, he turned his head back to the TV and focused on the movie.

If it weren't for (Y/N) wishing him a happy new year, he wouldn't even know that it was midnight. He wasn't paying attention on whether she drank alcohol or not, but the fact that she gave him a hug was mildly concerning to the boy. He wasn't going to complain though.

However, he did subconsciously want that hug to last longer.

It would've been nice.

———————————————————
Here is another chapter for you all because I have nothing to do,, I keep forgetting that I am writing a fanfic for a fictional murderer and would sometimes just go "hehe domestic bf- wait." - but what can you do.
I hope you'll enjoy this chapter and remember to take care of yourselves!