11│CUTTING THE CORD

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴅ ꒱

❝ IT'S US AGAINST THE
WORLD, REMEMBER? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"How long?"

Christmas break was over now and everyone had returned to their normal school routine. Living in a dorm with a girl who kissed your ex-boyfriend and present-best friend was. . . awkward to say the least, so Juliet had taken it upon herself (in an extremely uncharacteristic move) to talk about it as soon as possible.

Angela didn't answer for a moment. "Months."

"Angela."

"Since we first met. I always thought he was cute but as I got to know him my feelings for him grew. I tried to keep them under wraps because you were with him and I would never want to do that to someone. I only told Topanga because I thought sharing my feelings would make them go away."

The redhead swallowed past the lump in her throat. That explained all the secrecy between them. "But you couldn't hold back anymore, could you?"

"You should have seen his face. He was so miserable about not getting a present from you and with the holiday spirit. . . I just couldn't-I couldn't leave him like that," the brunette explained. "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings but I'm not sorry that I kissed him."

"Well, what now? Are you. . . are you two going out?"

The other girl glanced at her. "We-we sort of talked about it after the kiss. I told him how I felt and he didn't seem put off by it. He, um, asked me on a date."

"Oh," Juliet said faintly. "When?"

"In a few days. He wants to double with Cory and Topanga. I didn't give him an answer yet because I wanted to talk to you about it first. Even-even though I do have feelings for him I respect you too much to go behind your back or make things worse between you two. If you're not okay with it I won't go out with him," Angela explained.

"It's fine," she murmured.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want to make things weird between us, either—"

"It's fine," Juliet repeated, slightly louder. "Actually, if I find a date, can I join you guys?"

"Sure," the brunette answered with surprise. "You're always welcome. I— you're being really cool about this. Thank you."

"Of course," the redhead said with a shrug. "He's not my boyfriend anymore. He can go out with whoever he wants."

🌎🌎🌎

"I just heard the news," Topanga exclaimed as she rushed up to her a few hours later. "Do you know that Shawn's going out with Angela?"

"Yeah, she talked to me about it," Juliet replied. "It's a triple date now, you know."

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" the blonde asked with concern evident in her tone. "I mean, you and Shawn—"

"It's fine," she promised her friend convincingly. "I don't mind at all."

The girl's eyes narrowed slightly. "That doesn't sound like you're good with this. Are you sure"

"It's fine," she responded with a little more force than necessary.