17│CAN I HELP CHEER YOU?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ʜᴇʟᴘ
ᴄʜᴇᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ? ꒱ 

 ❝ I'VE HEARD THAT TAHITI
IS A MAGICAL PLACE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Topanga and Cory had invited their friends to come with them to sit in and watch a wedding so that they could get an idea of what they wanted theirs to be like. The boys were dressed in tuxes while Angela wore a dark blue dress, Topanga was in a similar color but different style and Juliet wore one in a beige color. They stood off to the side as the party guests milled around while they waited for the event to start. Cory glanced around nervously. "Topanga, listen. I gotta tell you, I feel very uncomfortable being at a wedding that we weren't invited to."

"Cory, it goes on all the time," she replied. "Mr. Beckman, the wedding planner, said that as long as we keep a low profile everything will be okay."

Shawn had obviously not gotten the message. "These are delicious!" he exclaimed loudly as he ate from a tray that a caterer was holding. "You know, you guys should get married here."

Juliet rolled her eyes and swatted his arm. "You are such a pig!"

He quickly dropped the pastry to raise his arms so he could defend himself. "God, would you stop?"

Topanga ignored them as she looked around the hall wistfully. "Our wedding will never be this beautiful."

"And why not?" Cory asked.

"Because we'll never be able to afford a wedding like this."

"Wait a minute, your dad's not rich?"

"No."

"Uh, bye," the curly-haired boy said. He made to walk away. His fiancé caught his arm and gave him a stern look.

🌎🌎🌎

Cory was pulled off by an older man from the wedding as the quartet went over to where some of the wedding hall's employees waited to be called on. Topanga was the first to address them: "how many people does the hall accommodate?"

"Anywhere from fifty to a hundred guests, miss," the uniformed man replied. "Extra chairs can be added if necessary but you don't have to worry about cramped spaces. It's a very comfortable fit."

"Can people have their ceremony here as well? Is there an additional cost?"

"Yes, there is a reception hall in the back," he answered. "For any pricing questions you'll have to ask our manager."

As she continued to do research, Shawn leaned over to the redhead. "Where'd she get these questions? 'Fifty Questions to Ask a Wedding Venue?'"

"I admire preparedness," Juliet said lightly. "You've got to make an informed decision about this sort of thing. There's actually quite a bit that goes into planning a wedding but it can be a lot of fun if you're organized."

"What's fun about asking the difference between Oatmeal and Eggshell?" the dark-haired boy scoffed. "They're all the same color!"

The redhead rolled her eyes. "And that is why you won't be a part of the wedding planning. Clearly they're different."

"Even if they are it's not like anyone's gonna notice if it's a shade off! Just go with paper napkins and you don't even have to do any laundry."