Mama no luv

Emerald Young

"Why is it I have to hear from someone else that my youngest daughter is in New York? And then outside throwing up making a fool out of herself? That's embarrassing! What type of woman carries themselves like that?" My mother ranted

"If you must know. I got cheated on! I got drunk. It happens life goes on. Who cares." I said as she just looked at me.

"I CARE! YOU ARE AN EXAMPLE OF ME! YOU CAN'T BE ACTING LIKE THAT! You don't see Kimberly out there acting a fools. He probably cheated on you cause you drink too much."

"What man wants to be with a women who can't take care of themselves and hold their liquor? I swear you act just like Danielle that nasty bitch" She spat. Referring to my father's first wife.

Not saying anything I just got up. "Walking away while I'm talking to you is rude." She yelled as I stopped in my tracks to look at her.

"What I'm not gon do is sit here and let you bash the next women. The women who was women enough to put the fact that her husband had an affair to the side and took care of the affair baby because her mother was to busy living life. She's a nasty bitch but she's the bitch who raised me. And you not about to sit here and talk down on her name in front of me." I said now standing in my mother's face as she rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you go live with her and her bastard son?" She spat grilling me as I just shook my head.

"Bastard? They were literally married when Baby was born! Your so ass backwards." I said turning around going to my room.

And that ladies and gentlemen was Emily Young. She barely raised me but has the audacity to tell me about myself.

Most mothers confront their child when they learn they've been cheated on. But nope not my mother she finds any and every reason to blame me. This is what I had to listen to all my life.

Closing my room door I noticed my phone light up. I had a miss calls from Vee.

"What you doing?" Vee asked as I flopped on my bed.

"Nothing, just finish arguing with mommy." I said as she made a face.

"Oooh how that go?" She asked.

"Same ol same ol." I told her.

"The bitch jealous of you." Vee blurted out causing us to laugh.

"I swear like damn. Why are you making your daughters life harder? You clearly going through shit. I just don't understand. She lucky she yo mama or I would have beat that bitch ass" Vee said causing me to laugh.

"When you gon find a place?" Vee asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm waiting for my realtor to get back to me." I said scrolling through my email noticing I actually had an email from her.