LXII. ANNIVERSARY

ANNIVERSARY!

OCTOBER 1977

OCTOBER 1977

7th Year

• • • •

Holland and Remus walked hand in hand through the corridors with content smiles on their faces, enjoying their time together on a warm, October afternoon.

"Are you worried about the full moon tonight?" The Slytherin girl asked, looking up at her boyfriend.

Remus sighed, running his free hand through his hair, "A little. I'm just annoyed that I won't be able to do much with you tomorrow."

"Oh, Remus-"

"I had so much planned as well."

"Remy," Holland stopped the pair of them, taking both of his hands in her own, "I don't care how our anniversary is spent. As long as I'm with you."

"I love you." Remus grinned.

"I love you too," Holland blushed, before noticing a familiar Slytherin walking down the corridor, freezing once he saw her and promptly turning on his heels, "I have to go, but I'll see you later." She rushed out, giving her boyfriend a peck and quickly walking after her old friend.

The girl sighed as she chased after the boy, calling out his name.

"Reggie!"

He kept walking.

"Reg!"

Still no reply.

"Regulus."

He flinched a little at her using his full name, but still didn't turn around.

"Regulus Arcturus Black. Turn around and talk to me right now." Holland snapped, making the boy freeze and slowly turn around to face the girl as they both stood in the empty corridor.

"What?" He asked.

"I've been trying to talk to you for weeks." Holland told him.

"I know." The younger boy shrugged, refusing to look at her as she slowly walked towards him.

"Why have you been ignoring me?"

"Why have you been trying to talk to me?"

Holland sighed, looking at her old best friend with an annoyed expression, "Max came to me a few weeks ago. She told me how cold you've been towards everyone, how secretive you've been, and that you quit the team. She asked me if I knew what's going on with you and I had a idea as to what's going on with you and I really hoped that I was wrong, but I can see now that I'm not," She took a deep breath, "Roll up your sleeve."

"W-What?" The boy stuttered.

"Your left sleeve. Roll it up."

Regulus just stared at her, guiltily, making her sigh and take matters into her own hands, grabbing his arms and rolling up his sleeves.

And there it was, staring back at her.

The thing that she wished she would never have to see the boy bare.

The Dark Mark.

"Reggie-"

"There's going to be a war, Holland. And I want to be on the winning side."

***

Holland walked into the hospital with the next morning, smiling at the sigh of her boyfriend sitting on one of the beds, only a few scratches on his face this time.

"Well I'm glad to see that you're conscious," The girl told him, making the Gryffindor smile slightly, as she bent down to give him a soft kiss, "Hi."

"Hi."

The dark-haired Slytherin's eyes narrowed, as she watched him fiddle sadly with his fingers.

"What's wrong?" She asked him gently, sitting next to Remus on the uncomfortable bed.

"Nothing." Remus unconvincingly shook his head.

"Remy," Holland said, taking his calloused hands in her own, "What's wrong?"

"I-I was just thinking last night," The boy swallowed thickly, "And-and I was thinking about how lucky I am to have you in my life. And it made me just wonder why you're with me."

"What?"

Remus sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, "I know we've had this conversation before, but I can't help but wonder why. I'm a monster."

"Remus," Holland said, taking his face in her hands so that he would look at her instead of his lap, "You fold your socks. Forgive me for not shaking in my boots," She told him, making the pair of them smile, chuckling slightly, "And I know we've had this conversation a few times, and we're going to keep having it until you realise that I don't care if you're a werewolf. You're Remus Lupin. And I bloody love you."

Remus cracked a smile, "Thank you. I love you too. I'm sorry that I keep doing this."

Holland intertwined their fingers, "Never be sorry. When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark," She told him, "That's a promise."

Remus kissed her, "Happy anniversary, Juliet."

"Happy anniversary, Romeo."